not nor ever was a jw, but...

by sting of truth 19 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome chad a mixture of those with faith those with little faith and those with no faith here I look forward to your input.

I've listened to every walter martin sermon i could, read his books, and developed this intense love and compassion for those trapped in high control religious organizations like the wtbts.

You say you operate a small non denoninational ministry isn`t that just another cult albeit a low control group ?

Just asking.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Welcome S.O.T. Hope you have an enlightening time while you are here.

• zeb
    zeb

and a big welcome from Australia.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Welcome aboard!

Hope you can help people you encounter leave high control groups like JW's.

HCGs are the worst excrement the world has ever produced.

These cults steal your mind and basically turn you into a mindless slave.

God bless!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Hi and welcome! I too am non-denominational. I do favor Protestant, especially Baptist, but after JWs I refuse to ever again say I belong to a certain religion, only Christian.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome.

A clear thinking person is always welcome here.

I learned about mass movements reading Eric Hoffer's book The True Believer. What they have in common is that they have a high control system in place.

I also came to understand that there were two forces at work in the JW religion. One was that in reality they were a corporation first and foremost which housed a publishing House and a Real Estate Holding company.

And the other thing is that obedience to this Corporation was more important then faith.

Religions are pretty simple to understand if we look into the culture that invented them.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Just wondering, SOT, if you take a tax exemption for your ministerial activities?

Perhaps you can offer us advice on how we can avoid taxes by claiming our home is a church? Hmmm?

You seem bashful, Chad.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I give sot / chad the benefit of the doubt and look forward to his responce over the next couple of days .

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Hi Chard! I'm an atheist! Still wanna be friends?

Yes but are you a devout atheist?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Snugglebunny prodded, "Yes but are you a devout atheist?"

Actually, I describe myself as a non-practicing atheist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit