not nor ever was a jw, but...

by sting of truth 19 Replies latest jw friends

• sting of truth
    sting of truth

Hi all my name is Chad. I'm a Christian. I operate a small non denominational ministry.

I have a deep compassion and love for those caught up in high control organizations like cults. Years ago as a new Christian there was a knock on my door by 2 well dressed men offering to study the bible with me. They were JW's. The pastor of my church told me "JW's are a cult and i shouldn't study their material", so i stopped. On the other hand i got caught up in another group, the word of faith movement. That movement messed me up in the head.

Eventually after a few years of that, i came out. But now since then I've listened to every walter martin sermon i could, read his books, and developed this intense love and compassion for those trapped in high control religious organizations like the wtbts. I work very hard to reach jw's with the truth about the watchtower and the bible.

I just wanted to introduce myself, make some friends, and say howdy to everyone.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome to the forum!

• sparky1
    sparky1

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay and please add to the conversation.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

We are very glad you are here.

Atlantis!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Chard! I'm an atheist! Still wanna be friends?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Welcome. Glad you're here. Not a believer but I don't doubt you have something to add.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Hey, welcome to the forum. All we ask is that you respect those of us who do not believe in God

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Your desire to help folks trapped in cults is mirrored by my desire to help folks like you Chad.

Tell me, do you have no qualms worshipping a child killer?

Welcome to the forum.

• jhine
    jhine

Welcome Chad , l am a life long Anglican but like you have an interest in JWs and how to talk to them .

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome stringy.

I would say all religions are a cult. I appreciate you want to help those in higher controlling cults though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit