To whom are the JWS faithfully loyal to Jehovah or the Watchtower Corporation and the men who run it ?

by Finkelstein 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

An poignant question which might make a few JWS a bit uncomfortable.

The words of Jesus said that no one knows of the time of his return not the ancient Israelites or the first era Christians and Jesus admonished those who would set a time upon god's own sacred time.

Words spoken by Jesus that certain men failed to adhere to who self proclaimed preachers of the Gospel.

The executive leaders of the Watchtower Corporation (GB) have said that they were the Faith Slave to Jesus fulfilling his instructions to spread the word of the new system of things.

Yet over the past 140 years the WTS and the men who have been running that organization have been endeavoring false prophets, selling a tainted corrupt version of the gospel through the literature these men published.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

False prophets, liars, deceivers, charlatans, corrupt businessmen, conman are all descriptive adjectives which could be used in a sentence in describing the men who were the top executive leaders of the WTS/JWS organization.

The result of people making a personal loyal vow to these men during baptism has resulted in thousands dying, millions of families being broken apart, numerous suicides, repressed education toward growing young adults....the list goes on.

The human cost of making a vow of loyalty to these men is notably dire for many but that shouldn't be too surprising based upon the fact they really were just lying corrupt religious charlatans operating their own religious publishing house.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Finkelstein, I agree. In addition to that, they are ignoring Biblical advice. Isaiah (2:22 NET) gives a stern warning: “Stop trusting in human beings, whose life’s breath is in their nostrils. For why should they be given special consideration? This is in line with Jeremiah’s quote (17:5): “This is what Jehovah has said, Cursed is the able-bodied man who puts his trust in earthling man and actually makes flesh his arm, and whose heart turns away from Jehovah himself. The rich and famous do not have the interests of the people at heart, but are focused only on their own interests. The psalmist reinforces the argument: “Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs. His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; In that day his thoughts do perish” (Ps. 146:3, 4). Or phrased differently: “Do not trust in princes, or in human beings, who cannot deliver!” (Ps. 146:3 NET).

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Finkelstein - I view the Watchtower as a magazine version of the book of Mormon or the Koran. Literature that is intended to replace the message of the Bible.

I was told in my study that the Witnesses were similar to the Methodists, just trying to get back to the original message in the Bible. But I was lied to, as were many others. It is not like that. When you find scriptures that self-evidently contradict the Watchtower articles (aka present truth) the powers that be (elders/COs etc) come down on the side of the Watchtower.

But it is not until you encounter this problem that their con trick becomes clear. All the time they claim their message is the same as that which Jesus Christ expressed.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

But then again the GB /WT /FDS have stated and who can deny it that according to Jehovah`s Witnesses Jesus Christ took up his Kingship in 1914 , does the bible say that ? Is their any scripture that specifically points to the year 1914 ?

No?

Now the GB /JW / FDS claim that because Jesus was installed as King in 1914 ,he would now have been given by Jehovah the time of the Great Tribulation and of Armageddon ?

Is their a Scriptual precedence for this ? no ,of course not. And obviously the JW earthly realm have no idea when these events are supposed to take place as they have never been right once .

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Thanks for your comments all.

As I've said before the leaders of the Watchtower Corporation were all novice bible theologians who just happened to run their own publishing house.

Most of the doctrine they created were devised and used to enhance the proliferation of their literature they wrote and published, they were simply crooked and corrupt charlatans.

• carla
    carla

Faithful to jah or the corp? wouldn't a jw be brainwashed enough to say, "by being faithful to the wt/corp/gb we are being faithful to jah"? Listening to those in authority, we must have order and leaders, blah, blah, blah......

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is no question the men who built up the WTS/JWS were looking out for themselves in their endeavors, to lure people to the literature and the organization which they used tactics of coercion, exploitation and manipulation .

The American government opened the door for these men to do just that.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Jehovah, The Organization, and The GB are all the same to jw's. Just different ways of saying the same thing! They are the jw version of the Holy Trinity!

just saying!

• carla
    carla

eyeuse2badub has got a point! I agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit