Not training speakers/teachers any more?

by eyeslice2 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "...Everybody would in effect be abandoned by the religion..."
    waton - "...that feeling is already here..."

Yup, credit where credit's due...

...the Org has a long, proud history of doing our heavy lifting for us.

Well done, guys.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

In all seriousness, if the JW religion becomes an e-religion with no physical congregations, there WILL be people left high and dry!

Whether this is because the religion HAS to sell halls to pay off lawsuits OR it is their intent (because no congregations = no harboring) their faithful followers will have been abandoned. This will be like the game of musical chairs except these people will be left without a hall. What a kick in the ass. People gave up so much for this religion!

I’m long gone from there so I have no personal interest..But there are going to be very upset and frantic people isolated with NO association or a way to get a$sistance or resources.

Ultimately people will be calling the elders crying for whatever.. Are the brothers going to make cold calls in the territories asking people for money???..I can imagine this scenario happening if everybody’s predictions are correct.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

My JW mom has been in this cult for 50 years in 2020. At 76, her non JW husband is battling health issues that he will likely succumb to soon. She will be all alone in a little town in South LA. (Lower Alabama...local joke). All she has is her JW family there. She won't come back to the Midwest where I live because it gets too cold, she won't go back to Florida because she hasn't kept up with her JW "family" there. I am afraid for her to wake up at this point.

An e-religion will not be enough for her.

Snakes (Rich)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SNAKESINTHETOWER:

I can understand that an ‘e-religion’ would certainly NOT be enough for your mother and other seniors in the JW religion!..I won’t even get into all the needy types..this is going to be hard for them to deal with.

It would have been better for all these JWs to have ‘faded’ years ago like I did and got on with their lives..instead they are going to stay long enough to be kicked in the ass by this fraud IMO.

They are all going to be marooned and out of luck!

All we can do is stay tuned and watch what happens with this religion!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "...this is going to be hard for them to deal with..."

At the risk of sounding cruel...

...not feeling overwhelmed with sympathy, here.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VIDIOT:

Ha! Me neither...I am out and thankfully have no family in the JW religion.

I’m just playing out a ‘what if’ scenario if the religion keeps on selling off hall after hall, etc. This is great news for PIMOs, fence sitters and anybody else who wants out. They’ll get lost in the shuffle and nobody will look for them.

But, it will be distressing for ‘faithful’ JWs who need association and needy types who won’t have a physical congregation within reasonable distance - or people to ASK money from!..Also, staunch JWs who shunned their blood relatives for decades and are old and in need of physical assistance will be in a real predicament. In short, they’ll be SOL.

Wonder what the elders and the wonderful religion will do for them then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit