73 years old, a Witness for 48 years, an elder for 24 years, Baptized just before 1975. WOKE UP!

by pistolpete 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I thought I would post an encouraging experience I found today. I've been seeing a lot of 70-80 year old jws waking up, and their children are posting their experience on reddit. These are old elders, pioneers, Circuit overseers who have given their everything and finally at the end of their life, are walking away.

Maybe the key to waking up is that a person has to have a deep sense of Right and Wrong. Then with all the hypocrisy of the WT organization finally being exposed everywhere, ----a good person no matter what age, has no choice but to follow their good conscience and LEAVE. Regardless of the Cost.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/k19fva/my_dad_aged_73_a_witness_for_48_years_woke_up/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• minimus
    minimus

That is encouraging

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

He sounds like a kindred spirit to me ! 1914 being bollocks is what woke me up too, but when I left I still believed in Big and Little J and in the Bible, as he does, at present. I was in my late 50's.

" -a good person no matter what age, has no choice but to follow their good conscience and LEAVE. Regardless of the Cost." true, pistolpete, my JW parents brought me up to be a Lover of Truth, ironic a ? and I left because of that conscience, not knowing the cost, I simply had no choice.

I am still a Lover of truth.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Glad you linked to reditt. Since it changed its appearance..it wont let me use my username..same as here. Assigned some crap name and wont let me be stan livedeath. Says its bad. Stuff it.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Chances are he never really bought into the overlapping generation teaching and finally decided to do some research

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Truth be told...there are a ton of stories like this one playing out inside many of the 120,000 congregations worldwide. I know of an old chap...he's in his late 70s & his wife is in her mid to late 70s. He especially was once a pillar in this cult. His wife has always been well liked...sort of like the Dorcas personality type in the Bible. These two of recent have woken up to all the bullshit in this organization & it's driving many in their circle of zealous JW family & friends crazy.

When once highly respected JWs like this couple start to silently demonstrate their disgust for this organization there's not much the local body of elders & circuit overseers can do but sit & watch the 'Truth' unravel right before their own eyes.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Assigned some crap name and wont let me be stan livedeath. Says its bad. Stuff it.

Stan, the reason they say live----death----is bad stuff is because of the type of jws that post on reddit.

They have over 56,000 jws and exjws that post there. Most of them are under 18 years of age and born into the religion. Once a young kid say age 13-14 finds out he and his family are in a CULT, and they see no way out, because of their age they see the situation as hopeless and say it's better to die than continue living.

Literally hundreds of young jws post that they are going to commit suicide because of their hopeless situation in a Cult. They have a bot that automatically screens anyone that may seem their are promoting death. The bot has no idea if your name is real or just someone promoting suicide. So to err on the side of careful, they prevent anyone who "May Seem" like they are promoting death.

I've personally have had to change user names at least 10 times in the past two years. Now I just let the bot pick my user name which is just a bunch of numbers and letters.

Anytime anyone posts something that might look like they are going to commit suicide, the bot automatically will post this which was just a few hours ago.

AutoModerator3 hours ago · Stickied comment

Need help? Know you are safe and among friends and we will do whatever we can to help.

If you are inside the U.S., text "CHAT" to 741741. You'll be connected to a trained Crisis Counselor from Crisis Text Line. Or call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 or 1-800-784-2433 (outside the US, these calls are free via Skype).

If you're not in the U.S. please click here for a comprehensive list of hotlines organized by country and additional resources.

If you are LGBTIA+ and need to talk, please contact the LGBT National Hotline at 1-888-843-4564 or find them online here.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

• waton
    waton

It is the current power holders that want to perpetuate the wt structure.

Those of us, idealists that believed in the cosmic mission of leading the meek out of the nuclear holocaust to came, with doctrines such as J1 & j2 even being the "superior authorities", and now having all that belief annulled, ---

of course are all at least pimo seeing through all the gb's moves.

We know, we will not be judged by wt standards.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Thanks for posting. I've been wondering about the old-timers, the real true-believers who were around back in the deeper days when doctrine mattered.

Somebody on reddit asked what the turning point for him was. See the following:

1914. 607 BCE. 2520 Years.

That's what did it. It had been bothering him apparently for quite some time. So he decided to do independent research.

Down the rabbit hole he went.

That's the thing that helps a lot of old timers. Because the newer generations have no clues whatsoever about the doctrines.

That’s why the organization has switched from being super analytical to slowly transitioning into a mega church. Can’t point out contradictions if you only have a vague idea of what’s in the Bible in the first place.

They're going to end up like the Mormons. They 'feel' its true. Warm fuzzies are the Holy Spirit telling you its true.

I thought this...

That’s why the organization has switched from being super analytical to slowly transitioning into a mega church. Can’t point out contradictions if you only have a vague idea of what’s in the Bible in the first place.

...was a really good comment. So true. The org is no longer analytical. Gone are the old days of the Freddy Franz deeper books. Gone are the days of the focus on doctrine that brought in so many intelligent, studious types who were really seeking. It does seem that the org is transitioning into a mega church.

I get the same feeling today about JWs that I did about churchies in years past. They don't know their own doctrine and get a deer-in-headlights look when asked doctrinal questions.

• GodBeliever
    GodBeliever

Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of Jehovah, the temple of Jehovah, the temple of Jehovah, are these. For if ye thoroughly amend your ways and your doings; if ye thoroughly execute justice between a man and his neighbor. Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit. Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods that ye have not known, and come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered; that ye may do all these abominations? Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, I, even I, have seen it, saith Jehovah.

Jeremiah 7:4‭-‬11 ASV

A son honoreth his father, and a servant his master: if then I am a father, where is mine honor? and if I am a master, where is my fear? saith Jehovah of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name? Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar. And ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of Jehovah is contemptible.

Malachi 1:6‭-‬7 ASV

And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also, according to the wisdom given to him, wrote unto you; as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; wherein are some things hard to be understood, which the ignorant and unstedfast wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Ye therefore, beloved, knowing these things beforehand, beware lest, being carried away with the error of the wicked, ye fall from your own stedfastness. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and for ever. Amen.

2 Peter 3:15‭-‬18 ASV

to the end that ye be not quickly shaken from your mind, nor yet be troubled, either by spirit, or by word, or by epistle as from us, as that the day of the Lord is just at hand; let no man beguile you in any wise: for it will not be , except the falling away come first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition, he that opposeth and exalteth himself against all that is called God or that is worshipped; so that he sitteth in the temple of God, setting himself forth as God.

2 Thessalonians 2:2‭-‬4 ASV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit