Can JW's celebrate Hannukah?

by Splash 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

What's the official teaching on celebrating this Jewish festival?

• carla
    carla

This is a good question, just bumping it up to the top.

My guess would be that they are not required to or that it would take honor away from jah or some such nonsense. Besides, it also consists of giving gifts and we know how jw's do not do gifts no matter what they say about the 'other' 364 days of the year that they are allowed to give gifts besides Christmas.

Can you imagine all the jw women who would be focusing on a holiday meal, gifts, candles, menorah's, scheduling time with family & friends and having a generally good time? can't have that now can we?

• Ding
    Ding

The only day JWs are allowed to celebrate is the Memorial and the vast majority of them have to "celebrate" not being able to partake.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I've slways wondered about this. I mean, Jesus is on record as celebrating it.

Actually jw's do give gifts on one special day, wedding anniversary celebrations. I don't know how that one managed to slip through Rutherford's net! I'm guessing that since he did not live with his wife he just plumb forgot about it !!!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

This is a good question to make a JW think . . . Because Paul was talking SPECIFICALLY about Jewish festivals when he said that it's up to each individual Christian conscience to decide weather to observe them or not.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

The best way to find out information about what JWs do and don't do is by asking JWs directly and/or by going to their official website.

Just sayin'

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

scratchme1010:

The best way to find out information about what JWs do and don't do is by asking JWs directly and/or by going to their official website.
    Just sayin'

😂

I'm guessing this is satire.

I'm hoping this is satire.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Hanukkah is super Christmas..

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

The skeptic in me asks...........where the hell are you coming from? Were you ever a JW? If you were, you would know the answer to your own question. JW's are not allowed to celebrate anything other than their own memorial.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Better yet Call Warwick and ask if Christians can celebrate festivus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit