Brother Tim Horton, the new service overseer

by dropoffyourkeylee 18 Replies latest social humour

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

That's because the majority of JWS are contently self consumed that they have the truth and the rest of the people out in world do not, they have Jehovah's approval offered by his earthly organization (WTS.) selectively placing themselves on a higher plateau of righteousness.

JWs are quite content watching the rest of humanity die off, while they gleefully gain everything good in material form for themselves.

That's why JWs don't care about people outside of their identifying group, they are evil and therefore should be destroyed because of that or the way the WTS's leaders put it, disobeying Jehovah, which makes them evil.

They are pressured to sell and promote the WTS's literature and are trained under that concentrating endeavor and that's part of showing respect to Jah , a way of direct appeasement to him.

Once again its worthy to point out that the WTS is a religious publishing house and its inherently expressed doctrines are design to stimulate proliferation toward those published works. Of course its always labeled as true bible interpretation out that pressing support.

Its another reason why the WTS/JWS is quite often described as a fear mongering religious cult.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Maybe this deserves its own thread but what always gets me is that dubs feel the end is coming NOW....NOW...wait NOW...

But, they live their lives, at least those in my area, as if they don't believe it so much. Coffee breaks? Serioulsy? The people that don't accept your message are going to die and you're having a coffee break?

Lots of dubs have newer cars and newer homes or nice apartments and going on vacations. Why are they doing those things if the end is imminent and they are responsible for telling everyone what God is going to do?

That is why I truly believe that most witnesses believe that they will survive armageddon just because they listen to the GB and don't do holidays/blood/other stuff.

Or maybe it's just me.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    The Listener, it's not just you. Oh, and also, I agree with everything in your post; I feel the same way.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Nobody cares how unproductive the service is, as long as they report their hours. It is more of a social thing now, to build and maintain cohesion in the group, and has little to do with finding 'sheep'.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Maybe this deserves its own thread but what always gets me is that dubs feel the end is coming NOW....NOW...wait NOW...

But, they live their lives, at least those in my area, as if they don't believe it so much. Coffee breaks? Serioulsy? The people that don't accept your message are going to die and you're having a coffee break?

Right after the 2014 International Assembly my brother announced the following on his Facebook. "What an amazing Assembly program that was....we are truly living in Momentous times my Brothers ! Dainel's prophesy (legs of iron...feet of clay etc.) is about to be fulfilled " . He received many "likes" and gushing comments from other JW"s about the assembly and about paradise being so close.

A few days later he went on his twice yearly month long vacation, this time he was touring all over Europe. He posted pictures every day of all the places he and his 3rd JW wife were visiting. I had to laugh when one of his JW facebook friends (an older sister) said that she was enjoying his pictures but asked if he and his wife are taking time to join in the ministry. This comment was met with silence on my brothers part. But I "Liked " her comment. (couldn't resist)

• TheListener
    TheListener

Yay! I'm not alone in this thought. It really bothers me when my wife tells me about some cool new gadget, house, vacation, <insert your choice here> that some local witness has and is excited about.

It's not that people don't deserve good things or to enjoy themselves if they are able. It's the witnesses dogmatic view of the world and its impending doom - but, wait until you see this cool new car.

Their perception really is that they are 'in the know' and somehow better than the rest of the world because of what they know and how they are trying to help everyone else learn. When in fact they pretty much do what everyone else does most of the week except not do some holidays and other BS which is meaningless and get a few hours in service. (((unfortunately as many here can attest we know this because it was us at one time, which makes it doubly frustrating)))

AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Yes, I suppose I'm a little cavalier with my lengthy coffee breaks, knowing that the end is so close. I blame my attitude on the fact that more than half the people that I knock on their doors are not home/or don't answer their doors, and the Soc hasn't got the insight to figure out how to better use our time to deliver the message. It's kind of their ability to finance their work. Both methods suck.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    This is typical in our Congo. Mull around for at least 10 minutes after arrangments. Spend about 45 minutes d2d. Talk to 2 people. Go to Panera bread for 25 minutes. Then drive around town doing rv's for another 45 minutes.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

nowwhat?, that's typical in my area, too, and, also, other areas I'm familiar with. I've known many COs who've set the example in that and virtually trained the flock to be that way.

Quarterback, I don't blame you because you know TTATT; it's the believing ones whom I blame. They think the world's coming to an end imminently and they have the only key to survival, yet they sit around sipping coffee during their so-called warning work - and all the while billions of people are about to lose their lives..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit