Another mass shooting, three or four hours ago.

by James Mixon 238 Replies latest social current

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

JeffT that's why I personally support a total gun ban. Mass shootings are often by high powered automatic weapons, but more deaths are caused by hand guns amongst all occurances.

whether this is terrorism or not is in fact relevant. Since if that is the case, everyone will want to do something about it. But when Americans massively kill Americans with guns, no one cares. It's almost as if, as long as someone from another country isn't doing the killing, we won't worry about it. Events like these are terrorism in my opinion, whether they are Isis related or not. Even in this instance the perps were American citizens who at this point have reported to have bought at least one gun legally.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Mass shootings are often by high powered automatic weapons,

False. Keep the facts straight please.

Most mass shooting weapon of choice is semi-auto handguns. Automatic weapons are a no no pretty much everywhere and as stated before assault weapons have been rarely used in rampage shootings.

They were present in this one because it was almost certainty a terrorist attack.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    I am corrected, I was wrong about the automatic weapons, I need to fact check. I'm still 24 hours removed from looking into all of this. The hand guns being used I think supports banning guns altogether.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    A Ryder truck was used in the Oklahoma City bombing. Let's ban them.
  • sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    cappytan, that's the same thing that is said every time something like this happens. Ban forks, ban cars. Why not bring something constructive to the discussion? If it were up to you, nothing would ever be done about it?
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    cappytan, that's the same thing that is said every time something like this happens. Ban forks, ban cars. Why not bring something constructive to the discussion? If it were up to you, nothing would ever be done about it?

Cap is right tho. I don't like that he is right anymore than you. I wish guns could be made illegal but that's just not realistic.

think it through. They outlaw guns, now how do they round them up? My uncle once said he'd just bury them someplace for when he needed them. How could they ever get them all? The government I mean.

you know they can't.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

He isn't right at all, of course they can't get them all, but that's just saying well it's too big of a task, so let's do nothing. Millions of guns could be taken off the streets. Ammunition could not be bought to use the guns anymore. Over time there would be less and less bullets to use. This is a major problem that requires major changes. It requires a massive undertaking. But to say it's too big to do anything about is saying, sorry about your luck to all the future massive killings.

We will never stop all murders, or rape, but does that mean we don't have laws against them? Does that mean we don't try to stop or prevent them?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Jonathon is right. You ban drugs you create a giant second market. Supply and demand. The demand won't go away so someone is going to supply. America isn't Australia, I can't tell you all the reasons why, populations size difference i don't know but supply chain won't disappear with making something illegal. It just makes criminals rich.
  • sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    So if you're against gun control we are now back to doing nothing....terrorism isn't going away and will always be around, why do we try to stop it then? Why have no fly lists? Why try to thwart plots, break up cells? Why do anything?
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Hey I just had an idea. In order to buy a gun you have to verify your religion. If your Christian or Muslim you don't get one because clearly you suffer from dillusions and mental illness lol.

If you worship the desert god there is a good chance you will shoot someone.

Freemindfade for prez 2016

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit