I have a favor to ask. I need to find a statement that was in one of the magazines, but I can't find it now. Can you help?

by AndersonsInfo 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Great find. The light just keeps getting brighter. lol

Maybe the light will keep getting brighter on their stance on blood transfusions. How many will die before their light gets brighter?

• sir82
    sir82

Some readers may feel that this is a rather sectarian view of matters. Or they may object to the idea that the “slave” and the “domestics” represent the same class, one as a composite body and the other as individuals. The objectors may argue that not all of Christ’s anointed disciples have a share in preparing the spiritual food, so that perhaps the “slave” pictures only the leading ones, and the “domestics” those they serve in the congregation.

Ya gotta love it.

Every one of the current GB would have been disfellowshipped for apostasy if they had published their current view back in 1981.

And, of course, Franz, Schroeder, Barber, et. al. would be disfellowshipped if they were somehow resurrected and published their understanding today.

That strikes me as hilarious - imagine 2 groups of GB, on opposite sides of a table, fingers pointing, spittle flying..."YOU'RE the apostates!" "No YOU are!" "No, YOU!" "YOU!" "YOU!"

• rosyray
    rosyray

I'm so glad this quote was found! I knew what Barbara was talking about and couldn't find it either. Soon I think this may be very useful to me.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    *** w81 3/1 pp. 24-25 Do You Appreciate the “Faithful and Discreet Slave”? ***

“WHO REALLY IS THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE?”

Even though not every individual shared in administrating the nation’s affairs, all individuals made up the one people, God’s “servant.” Only a few shared in writing or copying the Holy Scriptures, yet the apostle Paul could say of the people of Israel: “They were entrusted with the sacred pronouncements of God.” (Rom. 3:1, 2) To these belonged the covenants, the Law and the promises. (Rom. 9:3-5) So the entire nation was Jehovah’s collective, or composite, “servant,” while it, at the same time, was made up of individuals, his “witnesses.”

So how interesting is that the "Current" teaching uses the EXACT reverse logic!

Who, then, is the faithful and discreet slave? In keeping with Jesus’ pattern of feeding many through the hands of a few, that slave is made up of a small group of anointed brothers who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food during Christ’s presence.

FROM

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20130715/who-is-faithful-discreet-slave/#?insight[search_id]=8b536fbf-8cc7-46d9-a279-20da5ba4444d&insight[search_result_index]=0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit