Senior JW member in Australia charged with sex crimes and torture

by Nathan Natas 56 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Smiles
    Smiles

If there are two or more accusers, by WT policy, those elders ought to be "rallying around" the victims, not the perpetrator.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

These victims are said to be ex JW`s ( and why wouldn`t they be ? ) in other words apostates ,so they are not to be believed by the R&F .

Whereas a JW in good standing wouldn`t lie would he ,so goes the mindset of a Jehovah`s Witness.

It says a lot when the police don`t get co-operation from the JW`s while investigating this case and accuse the church of not being co-operative .

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

All I know is Jehovah appointed these child molesters, by the Active force of the perverted, horny spirit. WTS approved for your spiritual salvation

• sheol-do
    sheol-do

Replying late here, but I know there's much more to go in this saga to come out.

Wow, this is a disgusting abuse of power, abhorrent behaviour by this elder.

And to see he's still receiving support from his congregation...

If the police have enough to have pressed charges they have a case. This is not talk from "strangers" or someone with an axe to grind.

This is truly sick.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Yes, Sheol do, reminds me of the case in Arkansas, Roderick Watkins, where his wife defended him (🤮), and the rest of the congregation rallied around him, till ALL the evidence came out in court. Shameful.

• DarleneGatus
    DarleneGatus

If the worst sin a person can commit is NOT to believe, then a person who commits even the vilest of sins remains in a blessed state due to continuing to believe... I am so disgusted.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

DarleneGatus....unbelieving is evidently not the worst sin...because it is written a man who doesn't take care of his own is worse than an unbeliever. ( you are right to be disgusted with the shameful way pedophiles have been protected.)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Imagine going from D2D or standing by a cart witnessing in that area for the next few weeks ?

I bet witness activity has almost come to a standstill

I must bring this subject up if I see a cart or a JW comes to my door

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

Many JWs want to leave but they feel trapped. Being told to go back to D2D or else may shake them loose

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

and the rest of the congregation rallied around him, till ALL the evidence came out in court. Shameful.”

Is it really shameful or just human nature? It is not uncommon for paedophiles to be supported by family and friends, not because they endorse the crime but they simply cannot believe that dear old Joe could be guilty. Someone they have known, lived with, laughed with worshipped with for decades is suddenly accused by some outside person? No ,it can’t be true......

I agree that the Police must have reasons to charge him, but it is hard for close friends to see that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit