Gerrit Loesch video from this week's meeting

by neat blue dog 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Not only did some communist spies become JW elders, but Watchtower has claimed (still current teaching as far as I know) that this fulfilled prophecy in Daniel 11:34.

8 Not all who professed to have an interest in serving God during the Cold War years had good motives. The angel had warned: “Many will certainly join themselves to them by means of smoothness.” (Daniel 11:34b) A considerable number showed an interest in the truth but were not willing to make a dedication to God. Yet others who seemed to accept the good news were really spies for the authorities. A report from one land reads: “Some of these unscrupulous characters were avowed Communists who had crept into the Lord’s organization, made a great display of zeal, and had even been appointed to high positions of service.”

9 The angel continued: “And some of those having insight will be made to stumble, in order to do a refining work because of them and to do a cleansing and to do a whitening, until the time of the end; because it is yet for the time appointed.” (Daniel 11:35) The infiltrators caused some faithful ones to fall into the hands of the authorities. Jehovah allowed such things to happen for a refining and a cleansing of his people. Just as Jesus “learned obedience from the things he suffered,” so these faithful ones learned endurance from the testing of their faith. (Hebrews 5:8, James 1:2, 3; compare Malachi 3:3) They are thus ‘refined, cleansed, and whitened.’
    Pay Attention to Daniel’s Prophecy (1999) page 274–275.

• St George of England
    St George of England

There's quite a lot about this in the 2006 Yearbook. As I remember from comments on here many years ago, many in Romania were also stumbled by the 1962 change of understanding of Romans 13:1, Superior Authorities.

George

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Aren't all religions a ploy for power and control, with a little bit of money thrown into the mix ?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yep they couldn’t believe the “new understanding” on Rom 13:1 and thought the organisation had turned apostate when they heard the Watchtower now applied it to secular governments rather than Jesus and Jehovah.

I was in touch with a small group of Romanian rebels in the early 2000s for a while through email, but it was difficult because they were mainly quite old and their English was not great. (Admittedly better than my Romanian) I had planned to meet them at some point but it never happened. I wonder if there are any left?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A considerable number showed an interest in the truth but were not

willing to make a dedication to God.

That statement comes off quite clearly of self appointed arrogance by the GB men who claim to be dedicated to god and his will and purpose.

Asserting they alone and their organization (JWS) distinctively are the ones that are doing just that, yet if you look carefully at their expressed and created doctrines they are bibically false prophet charlatans dedicated to their own endeavors, not exactly what god laid out and instructed for his faithful dedicated followers.

JWS are indoctrinated to be dedicated and avowed to these men "Discreetly" in their acts of apostasy and sin.

• waton
    waton

Ir was easy for commies to fake belief in a paradise Earth, they too taught a worker paradise to be established worldwide by hard work, killing of opposers. sounds familiar? and under educated, bullying leaders.

even the Nazis had their 1000 year Reich and the 144 columns.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I know I`m thick and I couldn`t find the video in question .

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I watched the video with my pimi wife last night. My word's to her afterwards were along the lines of; "if this is truly jehober's organization and he is safe guarding them from satan, then why in the hell did he allow 'spies' to infiltrate the organization in the first place? And you gotta know that not all those that left came back to the organization,"

Silence followed!

just saying!

• St George of England
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This video with him commenting is self promotional talk of how faithful and loyal he is to the organization, his spiritual strength and all of that.

He worked for the Org. at the Austrian branch when certain countries placed a ban on the JWS, so he got the GB job from out those efforts.

All that vigor and dedication has paid off, for now he gets to retire as one the most powerful men in the Org , complete with full medical and dental care and air flights to travel around, all paid for by the Watchtower Corporation.

Loyalty and dedication to the Watchtower Corporation or a mean Jah had paid off in complete fulfillment .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit