Quality of newer membership

by Lostandfound 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• brandnew
    brandnew

Its not converts......or people wanting to be dubs.

Its born - ins being bullied, and coaxed into being baptized.

Like morris saying get baptized before getting a license!!!!

Lots of parents took that the wrong way, and well....kids are payin the price to be accepted by parents. Its nice when a parent says they are proud of their child, but only when its for the right reasons. Blackmail at its ugliest.

Mad Puppy

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LostandFound:

The caliber of the people in the religion is NOT exactly the same as decades ago (and I am sorry if this hurts anybody's feelings). It wouldn't matter what the religion taught. So, the demographic inside the JW religion has changed.

When I came in several decades ago there were stable families and responsible people who worked. It was a more literate age, before schools watered down the education across the nation.

Things are different now. Besides a lot of people being less literate (and less inclined to want to read in the first place) - there are fewer responsible working people in the JW religion, sad to say.

The religion lost many of its best and brightest, I suspect, after the 1995 changed teaching on Generation... MANY people left the religion plus some fine old timers passed away!

In an attempt to fill the empty seats in the halls, from what I understand, studies were started with homeless types and other individuals with serious issues. I feel sorry for the remaining responsible people left in the religion! It's not a place I'd want to be!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    You see a lot of foreigners in the KH's these days. Especially Asian people. It's been said they are there just to learn Spanish or English.
  • mynameislame
    mynameislame

Did you miss the bread illustration in the latest video?

Be forwarned you may never be able to eat bread again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Jlj5ovXmj54

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Did you miss the bread illustration in the latest video?

Be forwarned yo may never be able to eat bread again....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Jlj5ovXmj54

• mynameislame
    mynameislame
    Deleted duplicate post
  • steve2
    steve2

Its born - ins being bullied, and coaxed into being baptized.

Yes that sure doesn't help.

It's also an "ageing" thing: As end-times religions grow old and settled, they have to face the uncomfortable fact that the hoped-for end has (still) not arrive.

You just cannot keep people endlessly on edge, hypervigilant for the end. People grow old, tired and weary and successive generations are more inclined to become complacent.

There is nothing like the fiery zeal of new converts, but when most of your increase starts coming from born-ins, it can't help but affect the organization's outlook.

• Village Idiot
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Its born - ins being bullied, and coaxed into being baptized

That's something that JW's do very, very well. Is influence their kids who aren't yet fully developed into adulthood. They use some scripture somewhere that makes mention of not doing something of what's expected is bad.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

As for "simplifying" teachings because third worlders can't understand english?

Name another institution that dumbs itself down to accommodate the simple minded.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit