Astounding! How much do you REALLY know the history of the Jehovah's Witnesses? I bet you DID NOT know about this!

by park ave boy 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Actually Rutherford sat in as a judge for four days while the real judge was out of town. He got to keep the title.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think it pays to reflectively keep in mind that Russel was a professional salesman and made money procuring investments associated with the Watchtower Corporation. I think he had a positioning amount of interest into the Adventist theology at the time " Wow Christ returning and new world order " teaching by other propagating men of his era.

What he did was just take that information and put it into books to sell and make a profit, basically turning this alluring theology into a prosperous business model.

Rutherford who took over the WTS from Russell was at one time a door to door book/encyclopedia salesman before he was a lawyer so there was an attraction to the WTS publishing company already established in the book publishing business..

Rutherford just took what Russell had already established as a Gospel Evangelical preacher/ charlatan and reworked certain doctrines to sustain the interest and the continuing operations of the WTS.

• Wasanelder Once
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    Marked for reading later, thanks
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

$5 to $60 seems like a reasonable mark up to me. What would you count acceptable, $5 to $10 and not a penny more, or what?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Sorta like Miracle Wheatus from a religious dirtbag.

Sorry to teenage dirtbags and Wheatus I couldn't resist the joke.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Even if you know the mentioned scandals already, this is actually a good read. Some highlights:

The bOrg had about 75,000 members around 1918 and 500,000 in revenue which is a lot at that time.

The paper says that Rutherford had a "finely shaped head".. lol

It explains that the organization had a lot of success in preaching to "ignorant people that live in farming communities" .. :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..........WatchTower`s Judge Rutherford

.....................Criminal......................................................Drunk..

Image result for watchtower rutherford...Image result for watchtower rutherford

...........Lived in a Mansion......................................Drove a Cadillac..

Image result for watchtower rutherford..Image result for watchtower rutherford

.............................................Died Of Rectal Cancer..

........................Image result for Tombstone Bye

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Ahh good ole fudge boozerford, they just don't make em like him anymore. This current GB would be so much more entertaining drunk and giving a Hitleresk speech/rant spitting all over the mic.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

For one, Russell was called out for selling "Miracle Wheat" which costed $5/bushel back in 1918 but was selling it for $60/bushel and people were buying it up and he made tons of money.

He did that in 1918? That's pretty clever since Russell died 31 October 1916.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit