What Does the WTS say is the mark for survival of Armaggeddon--Baptism

by blondie 19 Replies latest jw friends

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

This made me puke even as a teenager. WT 63 2/15:

Thus the more colorful the personality the more difficult for the holy spirit to saturate it fully. The colorfulpersonality has more need of self-control and must in particular guard against the snare of creature worship. Richness of personality seems to work against spiritual-mindedness, as the colorful person tends to lean more on himself, even as those who are rich in material things tend to put their trust in them instead of Jehovah God.—

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

I don't know how one walks around everyday thinking the people they love the most in the world deserve to annihilated, zapped out of existence and forgotten. What a way to live.

This is another example of how similar this cult and other organized religious cults are to the mob. This mentality keeps you ready to turn your back on ANYBODY. If a person can become callous enough to believe that their own blood relatives are deserving of death, then cutting off association with a spiritual brother or sister is a piece of cake. It's just like in the mob. If the boss says somebody's gotta go, then they gotta go, and you might be the one that has to pull the trigger. Or it might be the way Al Pacino's character in Donnie Brasco describes it: "When they send for you, you go in alive, you come out dead, and it's your best friend that does it." Now tell me that doesn't sound like a judicial meeting.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

God only loves baptized jw's. It says so right in the bible--right? And to prove his love for only baptized jw's, he is going to slaughter over 8 billion people sooooooooooooooon---right?

God is love!

just saying!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

back when i was in the cult--i came to the conclusion a lot of jw's didnt really believe god would kill all non-dubs. at best they avoided the subject.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    blondie - "What does the WTS say is the mark for survival of Armaggeddon?...
    ...Baptism."

Funny, I thought it was this:

• loneranger
    loneranger

Per the outline for the recent special talk entitled " Reach Out for the Real Life" a specific point is to be made

.The outline says: " To gain the real life, you must be baptized as a Christian servant of Jehovah God"

The real life is everlasting life in perfection.

Scriptural references are Ac 8:12 and 1 Pe 3:21.

I believe the speaker specifically said that in his talk.

• loneranger
    loneranger

eyeusetobeadub...

Good point...but this wouldn't be the first time...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

"To gain the real life, you must be baptized as a Christian servant of Jehovah God"

Its just another calculating ploy to get people baptized and make a personal vow of loyalty and subservience to the GB leaders of the WTS., Jehovah's earthly chosen ones.

• blondie
    blondie

Such great comments, all. As a jw, I resisted these comments by substituting my own in my mind and doing research. The WTS does a dance around with this belief. One for non-jws and the other for jws. Imagine going door to door telling people that if they don't get baptized as a jw, they will die at Armaggeddon. jws have to condition them to accept it over time.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As always the best way to expose the WTS's doctrines to their falsity is to use the bible.

No single man or group of men should be above the commandants and instructions given out by Jehovah and his son.

The WTS has been unloyal to god since its inception as a religious publishing house, acting as a lying corrupt commercialized false prophet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit