Why Doesn't The WT. Get Embarrassed When They Talk About The Pharisees?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

The Governing Body don't think of THEMSELVES as being like the Pharisees, even though they "bind heavy loads upon [our] shoulders" to the extreme. No, they always compare the Pharisees to the religious leaders in "Christendom", usually the Catholic laiety, while patting themselves on the back and comparing themselves to the leaders of the first century Christian congregation.......you know: humble, mild, spiritual, kind...........vomit, vomit, vomit...............

The Governing Body members, by their behaviour, mirror the Pharisees more closely than any other religious leaders I know. They claim that they, and they alone have "the truth"; they treat the R&F Witness like dirt beneath their feet; they have umpteen man-made rules and regulations that go far beyond "what is written", they are hypocritical to the extreme and are furious when someone exposes them for the "hypocrites" and "offspring of vipers" that they really are.

Just as the Pharisees conspired to kill Jesus for exposing them publically, the Governing Body today continues to conspire to spiritually, mentally and emotionaly, kill anyone who tries exposing THEM in public, and the only reason they don't physically kill these same ones, is because Caesar's Law today forbids it.

• minimus
    minimus

I talked to a very educated Jewish friend of mine about the Pharisees. He laughed and said,"They were nothing in history"......(I guess just like the GB).

• Charmed
    Charmed

I came to the very same conclusion while studing the Greatest Man book. I still wonder why my family doesn't see the similarities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit