Why Doesn't The WT. Get Embarrassed When They Talk About The Pharisees?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One thing that I could never figure out was how the Society could rail against the scribes and Pharisees and not blink an eye. What's up with that?

• minimus
    minimus

During all the times we studied the "Greatest Man'' book, I became more convinced that the the Watchtower Society has "big ones" if they can say all the things that Jesus hated about the Pharisees and never make an application to themselves.

• Analysis
    Analysis

They even have an Oral Law!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

because they trust that they really are the FDS for one; they believe their own press.

And it follows that if you are God's voice/channel, you are not the pharisees.

Neat loop, huh?

• unique1
    unique1

Because they are better than everyone else, you know.

Wait didn't the Scribes and Pharisees think they were better than everyone else?

They are psycho's that is the only reason. They just don't get it.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Actually, it's almsot amazing how these guys can write stuff that could be applied to them, and yet, of course, the average jw never even considers it.

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

Minimus:

During all the times we studied the "Greatest Man'' book, I became more convinced that the the Watchtower Society has "big ones" if they can say all the things that Jesus hated about the Pharisees and never make an application to themselves.

The GM book was always especially galling to me. I finally became thoroughly convinced that we were being mocked for our trusting gullibility. I came to believe the leadership smugly amuses itself by testing just how outrageously its control of and contempt for the flock can be brandished all the while getting us/them to willingly parrot representations about the organization and life as JWs that we were uncomfortably conscious were not in sync with reality.

Talk about cognitive dissonance.

I was similarly incredulous whenever WT articles condemned, point by point, "false" prophets, while arguing in that dishonest way they do why JWs don't fit the category! I could never think of any group that fit better.

AMNESIAN

• minimus
    minimus

I wonder if the GB get a chuckle everytime they hear answers at the bookstudy and Watchtower study.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Why not? because their arrogance is unboundless and -- here's a new word -- UNEMBARASSABLE!

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN
    Why not? because their arrogance is unboundless and -- here's a new word -- UNEMBARASSABLE!

Make that two new words .

AMNESIAN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit