“Allow me to put my notes aside…” (1975 DO talk)

by wallsofjericho 11 Replies latest jw friends

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I Remember years ago hearing an audio recording online of a district overseer talk regarding 1975

he said something along the lines of “allow me to put my notes aside” and then went off about how the end was coming in 1975

does anyone remember this? Or know where I can find a recording of this talk?

• Biahi
    Biahi

Was that Charles Sunutko, “Stay Alive Till ‘75”?

• Ding
    Ding

As I recall, Sunutko's talk started out by disclaiming any certainty about what 1975 would bring and then spent the balance of the time urging JWs to talk up the possibility that 1975 would bring about the destruction of the wicked system ("it will be gone... down!") and start of the new system.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Charles SuNUTko had a talk like this in 1967/68.

A similar ''I'm putting my notes aside''. The same talk in early 2007, then about a decade later,,,verbatim in Oct 2017 during one of the annual meeting.

''I'm putting my notes aside'' verbatim almost word by word over the decades.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

@ Beth Sarim:

The same dude was allowed to keep giving this talk every decade? Basically, same shit, different decade?

I thought they retired SuNUTko to a trailer park in the southwest USA somewhere a long time ago?

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

"I thought they retired SuNUTko to a trailer park in the southwest USA somewhere a long time ago" Sorry to disappoint you. But they started to retire the nuts just a month ago. First one on the list Tony Morris. Watchtower motto seems too be "too late and too little" 😉

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Wingcommander.....it seems like the same wording of the fear-mongering talks has resonated over the years via different speakers abusing different audiences

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

You hear certain words and phrases repeating themselves. Like ''putting notes aside''.

Manipulate and mentally abuse the audience.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

AT the Dec 2006 Special Assembly Day Bethel Speaker James Rayford said I'm going to put these notes down here for a minute and say something to you.

Do a search on this site for the name Rayford and you will find many posts back then about that.

• Marcial
    Marcial

https://www.jwinfo.ch/temoins-de-jehovah/fausses-propheties/la-fin-du-monde-en-1975/

Allez à la partie : Discours lors d'une assemblée de district en Belgique en 1966, vous avez deux enregistrements. Marcial

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit