Appreciating The Watchtower

by greven 20 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven
    they would kneel together in the kitchen and pray to Jehovah in gratitude to be worthy of this priceless information before they even took it out of the brown wrapper.

Ugh! To much!

Greven

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Are you kidding me?! I feel just like that!

How do you feel about The Watchtower? Like the reader who wrote as follows? "The Watchtower is the most delicious morsel we’ve ever tasted. Each one gets tastier (if possible).

Well, thats true! Each one does gets tastier, and is more fun to read!

No humdrum about our menu! It’s so good we can hardly digest one until we look forward to another.

I agree!

Have you ever gone into an exclusive candy kitchen and wondered how to choose what you want when you saw so many, many lovely kinds? I feel that way spiritually about The Watchtower. There is so much to study that I hardly know where to begin.

Esp. the last sentence, there is soooo much! 1914 debacle, 1975 debacle, the faithfull slave debacle, Beth-sairem [drat, forgot how to spell it, see! now I need to search an old watchtower] debacle, etc, etc, etc.

Then when I begin, I can’t quit until I have to go and tell someone else about it, or discuss it with them. And so it goes. Never a dull moment!"
    Too true! When I dicover sometrhing new, I can't wait to rush to my mum, and tell her, and rush to the board, and tell you people, and tell all my friends to show how ridiculous the watchtower is, and tell any unfortunate JW that comes to my door, and tell them as well. Are you kidding me?! Reading the watchtower is one of my favorite past-times! [besides doing all those apostate thingies, those still rule ]
  • greven
    greven

LOL@Viv

I still read them too. Quickly sifting through them looking for keywords mostly. One WT cost me about 10 minutes. Every time it confirms how I feel about them. Sometimes i rush to my parents and discuss a point with them. It works, but slowly.

Greven

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I still read them too.

WHAAAAATTTTT!! That’s the most outrageous statement I’ve read since being a part of this forum.

I TRULY cannot bring myself to look at the bound volumes on my bookshelf. I was ready to make a bonfire when someone suggested that I might be able to use them as references during the anti-Watchtower campaign.

Well, I’ll try but it’s not easy. Guess I’d better keep the bucket close just in case. Gosh, it’s soooo hard. Nope, sorry, can’t bring myself to look at one. Yuk! Nauseating!!

Dansk

• greven
    greven

Dansk,

I read them with an entire different agenda and outlook, this helps. I 'try to find fault' in their reasoning, interpretations and facts as part of my anti-jw campaign. I also studied propaganda and as part of that had to go trough quite alot of stuff that was brainnumbing, but you'll defenitely learn how to recognise it and counteract it.

To all: Compare the appreciating the WT quote to this one:

*** w94 9/1 20 Beware of Boasting *** Boasting Stems From Weakness While some may withdraw from braggarts, feeling inferior in their presence, others react differently. They conclude that boasters are insecure. Writer Frank Trippett explains why the person who blows his own horn may, ironically, lower his esteem in the eyes of others: “Everybody knows at heart that boasting usually signals some pathetic private weaknesses.” Since many see right through the boaster’s mask, is it not wiser to refrain from windy self-praise?

Funny eh?

Greven

• rocketman
    rocketman

Good point greven, and as usual, they can toot their own horn (your 1953 post above shows that) but they don't want individuals or other groups doing the same thing.

• Mary
    Mary

Geeze, you mean we were supposed to be eating the Watchtower all this time!!

Gives new meaning to the term: Spiritual Food...................

I find it hard to believe that any Witness actually said this crap. Most likely, the Printing Dept. in the 1950s simply made it up...............

• greven
    greven
    Most likely, the Printing Dept. in the 1950s simply made it up

When reading the 'questions from readers' section this same eery feeling keeps creeping up!

Greven

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Jesus said that his food was to do the will of him who sent him.

This seems at variance to what is expressed in the Tower quote.

Cheers, Ozzie

• metatron
    metatron

Appreciating the Watchtower? Sure!

It's good for:

paper training puppies

lining a bird cage

wrapping fish

starting a wood stove fire

or dumping in laundromats to continue pretending that you have a 'life-saving ministry' that makes you superior

to ordinary 'worldly' people, who will be executed at Armageddon.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit