How much is the Bethel allowance now? It used to be $14!

by Maryo 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheListener
    TheListener

Plus if you were at the farm or Patterson you could keep a log and be reimbursed for mileage to and from the kingdom hall. There was also a recommended contribution amount for riding with someone to and from the meetings. Having a beater car could be a real money maker if gas prices were low.

I still have my driving log.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Was just visiting some friends there a few weeks ago and they mentioned they currently get $130(ish) a month. I can't remember the exact figure, but it was right around that number.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    what exactly is the situation with their food especially in branches that are not close to any local amenities, can they cook their own? even if the allowance has increased food prices aren't particularly cheap, surely this eats further into their allowance, do local congregations contribute to their food costs?
  • fulano
    fulano

Why are these few $ so interesting I wonder? The same thing as the $200 polyester suits of the GB ? What about their shoes, would that be a topic? Or their ties? Jesus...

• sparky1
    sparky1

This thread got me to thinking. Like compound complex, I was a Bethelite in the '70's. Like him, I received $14.00 a month plus $6.00 travel allowance which would equal $240.00 for a year. Just out of curiosity, I went online and checked my Social Security statement. Oddly enough, for the year 1975 my income was reported as $1,069.00 and I did not have an outside job. Any ex-Bethelites here that worked in the Treasurers Office that can shed some light on this discrepancy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit