neat blue dog

Sarcasm intended obviously 🙄

In the intro from the latest Ezekiel book:

As you
    read through its 22 chapters and meditate on the
    beautiful illustrations found therein, you will be
    amazed at all the careful research that has gone
    into its preparation.

They call themselves the Faithful and Discreet Slave, but how discreet is it really to be constantly bragging about yourself? It flies in the face of numerous Christian teachings, like:

1: 'Don't blow a trumpet ahead of yourself': They do this all the time, calling themselves God's one and only spokesman and way to salvation.

2: 'He that exalts himself will be humiliated', and the illustration of the man who went to the head seat without being invited: They do this too, often, letting their praise come from themself.

3: 'Dont let your left hand know what your right is doing': Always using disasters as commercials, filming vulnerable people and having them give on-camera testimony of how great "God's Organization" is when doing charity work.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I fully agree.

Another point: How do they know readers will be amazed? Why would readers be amazed? Can they give a few specific examples as to what is so amazing?

How would readers know of this "careful research"? Exactly what is so indicative of it? How was it performed? Were any research materials used? Did they research in existing JW materials? In non-JW materials? (If so, then why do they discourage the rank and file from doing so?) Did they just sit in their nice meeting room and read the Bible together and meditate? Did the members of the FDS do the writing or the writing department?

Did Jah guide them? If so, then a miracle was performed (A superhuman being manipulated goings-on in the physical realm). If Jah is performing miracles, then why was careful research needed? Why didn't Jah just put the thoughts/ideas in the minds of the FDS members?

It just doesn't make sense.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Forgot to mention this: It also sickened me the way they used disasters as commercials trying to show how great and loving and sacrificial and on-top-of-things they are. Puke-inducing, especially considering the fact (to me, it's fact) that they're making a profit on disasters.

• under the radar
    under the radar

The "leaders" of the Society have been evermore self-aggrandizing for as long as I can remember. I said as much to my parents, faithful and sincere JWs for decades, in a moment of frustration. They insisted that "the Brothers™ are humble!" Only out of love and respect for my parents was I able to restrain my reply to a simple, "They sure don't seem like it to me."

My problem with the Society is not that they're wrong about so many things. Heck, it's all fairy tales and fantasy anyway. Their interpretations and explanations of stories in the book of Jewish fables are not even consistent within themselves, but even that is not my main problem with them.

Their main "evil" in my book is that they require, actually demand, blind acceptance of whatever their truth du jour happens to be. What is a required belief today might have been apostasy yesterday, and may be apostasy tomorrow. And those who saw what is now accepted Truth™ a bit early and were castigated (or worse) for it will remain "apostates" because they "ran ahead of Jehovah's chariot." The self-appointed GODs (Guardians Of Doctrine) in New York demand their followers believe what they say, when they say it, and not a minute before or a minute later than when it's deemed "current truth." All under the threat of something a JW fears worse than death: being labeled an apostate and thrown out.

Something even worse may be coming down the road. The sheeple are being conditioned to "obey whatever instructions" they may receive, even if they seem foolish or don't make sense from a strategic standpoint. Who knows what evil or self-destructive things the Society's blindly obedient lemmings may be ordered to do.

There are few things more dangerous than people who have turned their thinking over to someone else. Unquestioning obedience has never worked out well in the end.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    How do they know readers will be amazed?

Because they SAID the readers would be amazed, and that's good enough for the sheep.

Can they give a few specific examples as to what is so amazing?

That Jehovah is providing such rich spiritual food in this time of the end. 🤢

• sir82
    sir82

you will be amazed

Lovely. The GB has commandeered another word and redefined it to its complete opposite.

"Special" as in "special campaign" - the exact same thing you've been doing for the past 40 years

"Historic" as in "historic meeting" - forgettable and unremarkable in every way

And now "amazed" as in "amazed by the research" - shaking your head at the unsupported conclusions resulting from baseless assertions and bald speculatiopns

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Their main "evil" in my book is that they require, actually demand, blind acceptance of whatever their truth du jour happens to be.

Yes! There's usually nothing wrong with having wrong ideas and misconceptions, we all have them in one way or another. It's when you demand under threat of 'death' that you be followed, and even those that do follow you micromanage and often ruin their lives, then it's no longer 'imperfection', it's just plain evil. The org is one big abusive relationship.

• Magnum
    Magnum

neat blue dog & under the radar - 👍

• cha ching
    cha ching

Under the radar.... "truth de jour" as in 'soup of the day/ truth of the day' .... whatever crap they feel like serving you, you had better be happy eating, LOVE it! Thx!

• Vidiot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit