Who is the oldest GB member?

by StarTrekAngel 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

During the talk delivered by Stephen Lett in our last assembly, he talked about brothers who serve despite their frail health. He said "One of the GB members, whom I work with every day, is 80 years old and has been a diabetic for the last 30".

Give a peak into how well they are tended to and how someone that age would not dare to let go of the power that keeps him alive.

• out4good4
    out4good4
    Just imagine all of the old geezers in rotation they have coming up thinking the same thing.
  • sir82
    sir82
    Herd is 80 years old. He is the oldest.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    they are all old farts
  • sir82
    sir82

they are all old farts

Sanderson is only 51 - middle-aged. I will grant that he appears to be at least 70.

I do not contest the rest of your allegation.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound
    If they"retire" COs at 70 what have G B got that is so special? Herd is well past the limit.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Sanderson is only 51 - middle-aged. I will grant that he appears to be at least 70.

I do not contest the rest of your allegation.''

Probably because of the stress, religious induced stress!!!

Can make someone want to throw-up.

• talesin
    talesin
    If they"retire" COs at 70 what have G B got that is so special? Herd is well past the limit.

In a corporation, members of the Board of Directors are not subject to the same rules as employees.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Talesin

I take your point, however the GB members are not office holders of any corporation, resigning from such positions years ago. But yes they pull the strings and so the rules do not apply to them. In fact who would dare tell them to stand down. Someone would not last long if he tried.

I cannot remember for certain but the "helpers" are not Directors of any society either but memory a bit dim on that.

• careful
    careful

Does it strike anyone as inconsistent that traveling overseers have to step down from their positions when they're 70, yet the GB members don't have to? That elderly unhealthy ones at the Bethels are being sent back to the congos, evidently to save money on health expenses, but it's okay to pay the bills for the old GB members and their "helpers" who are over 70?

Isn't here something in the Bible about leading by example, not being hypocritical, and treating others like you would want them to treat you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit