Did You Think The Capitol Riot Was Worse Than What Happened On 9/11?

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

In my lifetime 9/11 was the worst thing that I can recall. The effect it had was incredibly horrible! Almost everyone seemed to know someone that was either directly or indirectly affected by this diabolical act. Some people, especially politicians, are saying what happened in January in Washington was even worse!

Your opinion please.

• Biahi
    Biahi

It was not worse, but very bad, a true attack on democracy. Shameful

• minimus
    minimus

I’d say both situations shouldn’t normally be graded as to worse or better but that’s what’s being discussed on media sites and in conversations. In my mind there is no comparison.

• hoser
    hoser

Which was worse? 20 years later I still remember exactly where I was on 9/11 and the interactions I had with the people in my life. 6 months after the capitol riots, not so much.

• minimus
    minimus

I was a kid when JFK was assassinated. But I remember the horror, the news coverage, people everywhere just crying. That was a traumatic event. 9/11 was an event where people can tell you where they were when the planes hit. I don’t see many other comparisons to be honest.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

The capitol riot was like one of my frat parties that went rogue and raided the girl's dorm.

A real capital riot would look like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoOYm-b_3LA

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Capitol "riot" was a farce. It was only a "riot" for those whose political ambitions are improved by the idea.

• minimus
    minimus

Doc, well said.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Not even close to 9/11. And when people talk about how bad things were in Washington DC on January 6th, they should pause and ponder how bad things would have been had Trump been reelected. The left would have exploded in rage and the riots and deaths and destruction would have been nation wide and sustained.

• minimus
    minimus

Good point. The Left would have gone crazy if Trump won again and “peaceful protests” would be the norm.🤓

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit