I miss old posters!

by Biahi 28 Replies latest jw friends

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

The last time I posted on here was about the Holocaust and I was bluntly rebuked by the community, enough to discourage me from being active again.

• Simon
    Simon
    The last time I posted on here was about the Holocaust and I was bluntly rebuked by the community, enough to discourage me from being active again.

That's because you were posting holocaust denial claims, choosing to post it on holocaust memorial day, so the rebuke seems to be well earned and I'm glad you felt unwelcome because of it, because you should.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I miss Maximus and Amazing--that goes back aways

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    DON'T FORGET you have a monumentally valuable archive here. Just click on your favorite names and the entire history of their topics and post is still available.

I must fully agree with this ‘ere post. It really is staggering. In fact it drives me up the wall that exjwreddit claims to be “the biggest exjw resource on the internet”.

Absolute B***ocks!!! If you want memes I guess it is, but compared to this site it’s chicken feed!

• jhine
    jhine

I don't think that l am the Jan H referred to as l doubt that l would be missed by anyone but l do drop in now and again .

Jan

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Also, take into consideration that, for a considerable number of ex-JWs, "turning the page", finding a meaningful life post-JWdom also means to gradually fade off from engaging in things related to JWs - including active participation in online forums.

I frankly got very disheartened with this forum because of the political bickering over US politics that seemed to pervade most of the discussions. First, because I'm not north-american, and second, because I don't subscribe to ultraconservative and ultraliberal points of view, and much less to left-wing boogeyman conspiracy theories which seemed to take hold in here. I am a hardcore centrist and pains me to see the kind of burning of bridges between the two sides of the political aisles. Alas, I probably live in the wrong era. But it was sad to see this forum being dominated by political bickering rather that what this forum had been all about - helping people to flee the Watchtower.

Sign of times, I guess.

• titch
    titch

Thinking about "old posters", or, should I say, posters from long ago, I wonder what ever happened to "Billy The Ex-Bethelite" Maybe he decided to return to Bethel. Or not! Best Regards.

Titch.

• hoser
    hoser

I think a lot of the posters have gotten the closure that they needed from being part of the Jehovah’s Witness religion and have been able to finally move on with their lives. I also think that almost everything that could be discussed has been discussed.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I think we don't see deeper discussions about JW stuff much anymore because JWdom is no longer deep. It has become less and less analytical because it got its butt kicked and is now playing it safe. As some have said, JWdom is morphing into a non-analytical mega church that focuses on feel-good stuff and lifestyle vs doctrine. — MAGNUM

I think that about sums up JWism today. “Where’s the beef?” No longer are there any discussions of the “deeper things“ because there are none. The new JW religion is all about feeling “warm and fuzzy“. And of course, shunning apostates and even “potential“ apostates so that the real TTATT not be revealed to the JW drones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit