Jeremiah 10:23 - "...It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

by HereIgo 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

I have been accused recently of "trying to direct my own step" because of my questioning the Org and refusing to come back to the "truth" for the past 6 years. I personally still believe in God, I just doubt that he is behind the JW org, that's all. Why is that so hard for jw's to understand? God does not = the org. Period. It dawned on me at that point just how powerful brainwashing is. One cannot even question the org without being accused of directing his own step. Doesn't the bible encourage us to challenge what we are learning? Anyone remember that scripture...thoughts?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"Independent thinking" cannot and will not be tolerated by the org's rule-makers, and offenders will be promptly dealt with!

Any J.W. who disagrees with this, only needs to express an "original" scriptural thought while in company with other J.W.'s to see how quickly their "thinking" is suppressed.

• blondie
    blondie

I always was prepared with a scripture that very directly applied to the topic at hand. This is where I get my direction.

Like obeying God as ruler rather than men even if the religious leaders claim to serve God.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Well, I know you would like to refer to Acts 17:11 about the example of the Beroeans, but there lies a huge problem. You see, they settled the issue then and for whole eternity, they found it to be truth, why would you need to investigate it any further (pun intended).

CP

• prologos
    prologos

That is why men should marry only women that are smarter than they are, but who are smart enough not to let their men in on that fact. so

how do we know that " step directing" woman are smarter than men? : by the choices they make in picking their mates.

• sir82
    sir82

God does not = the org. Period.

Well that right there is your problem.

To be a good JW, you must believe that "the organization" and "Jehovah" are equivalent.

If you want to advance and be a great JW, you must recognize that "the organization" is greater than "Jehovah".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

To question the org may lead to a person waking up and leaving. If a person leaves the org, the org will not get their money. The org makes it very hard to leave because they want the money for the leaders to have a cushy, rock star life style. It is a 'captive religion' as Angus Stewart quite rightly observed at the ARC.

It has nothing to do with god, never has and never will. the drone elders have been brainwashed to think it is about god....it isn't!!

• Onager
    Onager

"It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step".

OK... but in that case it doesn't belong to any other man (or men) to direct his step either.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Yes, I remember the OP's scripture.

The WT regularly used it to brainwash JWs.

But these words are straight from the bible.

Are there any other religious groups that use this scripture? There must be.

Some bible passages are full of common sense and nicety - 'It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step' is not.

In fact, it's complete sh1t ...

• under the radar
    under the radar

"You're trying to direct your own steps!"

"You're too smart for your own good!"

"Why can't you be humble and just accept what the Brothers say?"

"You trust your own research and judgment more than the Brothers'."

I heard them all and a lot more like them when I was still mired in the cult. They were meant as something of a slight, but nowadays I consider them a badge of honor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit