the B part

by ChrisVance 31 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

I always thought it was funny how serious some brothers faces were when they carried the mic's. It's as if they were carrying someone's soul in their hand.....

Also, wasn't it really annoying when the really old elders would whistle when they spoke? Eeeeps, the sounds of a magnified whistle at the theocratic ministry school!!! *cringes*

• foreword
    foreword

Wasn't that the most boring 1 hour?

Ok, so according to them, first you had to personnally read the article, then another time prepare the study (which was to underline) to prepare yourself for the Family watchtower study (which was to prepare yourself for the Sunday morning meeting), and then to top it off you had be there to study it one more time for an hour after you just had listened to the most boring 45 minute talk by some idiot.

Now, was I suppose to enjoy all of that just to prove I was spiritual?

My ex-wife, which was raised a dub, wanted us to have the family watchtower study. I did a few times, but that was it. Bad enough I had to be there on Sunday mornings bored to death.

I remember when paragraph 16 / 17 would roll around it was almost over with. "If we do this quick we can all go home and have some fun".....but nooooooooooo....they had to stretch it. And to top it off, they had to come up with the revision questions...

Ten minutes before we left for the meeting, quickly read and underline the major points and VOILA...that was it.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I'm so excited that I started a thread that sparked a bit of interest. I've only done that 2 or 3 times.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

It was the same with door to door. I hardly ever sparked any interest. Of course, that was a good thing.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I visited a friend in Germany, and a young boy around 15 or so made a comment at the book study which was not quite correct. The conductor takes off his glasses, looks sternly at the boy and says, "Don't irritate me with wrong answers!" The tomato-colored boy stares desperately at his own shoes for the rest of the study.

• greven
    greven

spunkyChick,

I always thought it was funny how serious some brothers faces were when they carried the mic's. It's as if they were carrying someone's soul in their hand.....
    I used to carry one around and I actually enjoyed it: you could walk around and not participate! I used to play with it too: passing it behind my back, swirl it around, 'dip' it in the crowd, operate it with one hand and jawning, making weird faces before someone has to answer, flirting with hottie sisters (wink, wink nudge, nudge) etc etc.
    Also, wasn't it really annoying when the really old elders would whistle when they spoke? Eeeeps, the sounds of a magnified whistle at the theocratic ministry school!!! *cringes*
    Yeah indeed! But what annoyed me the most were persons that grabbed the mike. I adjust the distance between the mike and the person for soundquality and spitprotection, when someone grabs it you lose control resulting in the mentioned whistling and spitvolleys. Greven
  • undercover
    undercover
    Yeah indeed! But what annoyed me the most were persons that grabbed the mike. I adjust the distance between the mike and the person for soundquality and spitprotection, when someone grabs it you lose control resulting in the mentioned whistling and spitvolleys.

LOL. That reminded me of when I ran the mikes. Yea, checking out the young hotties was a definate perk to the job but I remember this older sister that used to always grab the mike when you put it in front of her(despite the instructions to not touch the mikes. Yes, we had a part on the meeting one time in proper mike usage ). Anyhoo, when ever she grabbed it she liked to put it up against her mouth to talk into it. Whenever I had to give her the mike I would actually fight her over how far she could hold it. One time I just didn't give a s*** and went to hand it to her and she knew that I would fight her over it so she grabbed it and pulled it hard to her mouth. I let her have complete control over it. BAM! Right in the choppers. All this amplified for everyone to hear. And then the squeel of feedback. It was great.

• foreword
    foreword

Chris, I'm happy for ya......and don't put yourself down....it takes time.

You have a few here that you can look up to for a fine example. Minimus and JH come to mind. Study their threads and topic questions, and soon you will have the success they have....lol.

With a little tenacity...they will flock to your threads.....talk about being blessed....

Why them? Why them?

They must be of the "annoy' tid" bit class.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

forward, thanks for the encouragement. I'll study their threads and underline the important points, so I can participate better.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

But don't get into the "B" part . . . .

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit