the B part

by ChrisVance 31 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven

Heheh, this thread reminds me: we had some old geezer with memory problems on our bookstudy which made it a habit to answer a question from either three paragraphs ago or two ahead. We were not allowed to laugh...which was hard at times

greven

• undercover
    undercover
    And the - frequently a bit elderly - ones who don't listen to what the others are saying in their replies, but who just HAVE to come with their reply, which consists of exactly the same words that are used in the paragraphs, because although the others have given that reply 10 times over with their own words, this elderly one just HAS to give it once more, because the EXACT words of the paragraph haven't been re-told. Or, he/she is so eager to reply that they don't care what the others have said, they just HAVE to give the same reply once more, because they didn't bother to hear what the others said.

Oh man, yea. Talk about beating a dead horse. People would just answer the same point over and over. Different words but the same thought. I got it already. Let's move on. They wonder why meeting attendance drops for the study. It's because for part of the crowd, the material is too deep(read "they're stupid") and for the rest it was too painstakingly dull, dull, dull(repitition for emphasis )

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Guest 77: LOL!!! That was hilarious! Wish I'd thought to do that . . . .

Man, this thread brought back memories! Anybody remember Ken Savoy? He was a circuit/district overseer a long time ago, but ended up as an elder in Arlington (TresHappy will remember him), and he would have an apoplectic fit about people getting into the "B" part. He'd interrupt and stop the comment immediately. He also had a thing about people saying "Revelations" instead of "Revelation" and would go off on a long diatribe about the difference, completely embarrassing the poor person who had made the mistake.

Nina

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

...........I remember that well..Part A BEFORE Part B, and with "no additional interesting information added please". You could only express yourself as far as what was stated in the literature. Uggghhh

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

undercover wrote:

They wonder why meeting attendance drops for the study. It's because for part of the crowd, the material is too deep(read "they're stupid") and for the rest it was too painstakingly dull, dull, dull(repitition for emphasis )

Have you LISTENED to the drivel at the study lately? It is sooooo painful to sit through; FDS this and 1919 that; NO substance and no encouragement for thought and reflection. Just the pits.

The WT studies' dullness is exceeded only by the Isaiah book; is EVERYTHING in Isaiah connected to the "resurrection" of the two witnesses in 1919???

• blondie
    blondie

pistoff, I don't know how you do it. Why not get a small earphone and radio that fits in your suitcoat pocket and listen to your favorite station?

I can never understand the attention some brothers give to such picayune things but never have time to send a get-well card or make a phone call to those who are discouraged. I'm sure Jesus wasn't worried about the B part being answered too soon. This is definitely a "gnat" thing.

Blondie

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    Yes, sometimes a paragraph had an A question and a B question. It was very important not to go into the B part until it was asked.

Holy crap! I forgot I about this! LOL! I remember when there were c questions too...and on a rare occasion there would be questions a-i...but think that only happened once when we had to recite in mantra forum what the parts of Jehovah's chairot symoblized...ahh...the good old days!

• benext
    benext

I was always amused by the conductors who would call out multiple names so the microphone holders could be in place. Then you would sometimes hear a string of "same comment."

• rocketman
    rocketman

benext, I've seen that happen too with one conductor in particular, and yep - a string of "same comment" followed. Or, even worse, some commented anyway and it was all a rehash of what was just said. You know how it is - some people just have to comment!

• Matty
    Matty

Very occasionally I deliberately put my hand up a little too late, so that I was not the first to be picked - then whatever the first person says I would still say "Same comment". I'd then class that as my answer for the week. My mum wouldn't moan at me then because at least I "made an effort".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit