Another trinity thing

by Mozzie 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

I have gone through the ones on here, i have read so much about it and everyone seems to have a different idea as to what the creed actually came up with in the sense of explaining it, religious leaders from most denominations seem to try to explain it and are all different, it does your head in just trying to read half their stuff. When i was going door to door, i knew how to argue against it, but now trying to learn about it.

I was reading an article of the net about this and how Christ emptied himself of all deity and that, but with all the statements made and arguments to and for it, one question was brought up. When Jesus was asked by his disciples about the time of the end, Jesus replied neither i nor the angels know the hour, only the father. Now my thought was, if the father and the son and the spirit are all in one essence but 3 distinct people, but in one thought,after the baptism Jesus had all his deity back apparently, so if this were true, why didn't he know the hour of the end of days?

This is what we call in Oz, A head F.......

• prologos
    prologos

Acts one seven "Time" is in the father's jurisdiction, and he is not telling. May be one of the handful of things the bible got right,--not a good record, 1/10 000.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

Yeah that makes sense, it is just in the truin sense, it don't lol

I think this is one of the tings that is still bugging me, like if i wanted to find a church to visit, they all, well around here most are Baptists so they teach it.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Read the book of Enoch , this book is older and talks about three separate dieties including the son of man. Then read what some of the early Gnostics were thinking and I think you'll get a better idea of the whole subject in a more accurate way

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The Watchtower deliberately makes the Trinity appear to be much more complicated than it is and never discusses the doctrine as espoused by the majority of Xtian religions, using diversion tactics to insinuate that Modalism represents the Trinity because a lot of prospective converts will fall for the subterfuge and it is an easier doctrine to confuse you with.

Have you seen the official doctrine of the Trinity from the Catholic Encyclopaedia? Do you understand it?

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15047a.htm

I'm not suggesting that you should believe the doctrine, just that in order to debate it with a JW, you do have to understand it so that you don't get diverted and confused and steam rolled into debating another subject chosen by the JW.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

I have actually gone through the book of Enoch, but it was some time ago so ill have to look at it again, With the creed i have browsed through it but i got lost in it, i dont get visited by them anymore as they think i am still an interested member of the their KH tho i am inactive, i am fading again. but this time it is for good, so i don't have to worry about the debating thing, but thanks for the link ill look at it again

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Mozzie - buy/borrow these two books:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misquoting_Jesus

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus,_Interrupted

Once you realise how many problems there are with the NT text, worrying about the Trinity is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

A total waste of time.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

Thanks for those, ill see if i can get them, the funny thing was when i got their interlinear Bible i was able to reference it with my Greens Interlinear Bible, and i saw all the changes they made through their Bible, i sat in in the KH a few times thinking i should stand up and tell em every-time they quoted from theirs.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If Jesus was God, (and appeared for the Pharisees) why didn't God materialize for Moses when requested? (Exodus 33:18-20)

Also, Trinitarians claim that Jesus was fully God and fully man - and yet Jesus denied knowing when the end would be, or that he had the ability to appoint those to his left and right hand. (Matthew 20:23)

Does God have a God?

Jesus Has a God.

( X = Agrees 0 = Disagrees )

Bible Version RSV Amplified NIV NEB NKJ JB Living Good News

Micah 5:4 X X X X X X X 0

John 20:17 X X X X X X 0 X

Romans 15:6 X X X X X X 0 X

2 Corinthians 1:3 X X X X X X 0 X

2 Corinthians 11:31 X X X X X X 0 X

Ephesians 1:3 X X X X X 0 0 X

Hebrews 1:9 X X X X X X 0 X

1 Peter 1:3 X X X X X 0 X X

Revelation 1:6 X X X X X X X X

Revelation 3:2 X X X X 0 X X X

Revelation 3:12 X X X X X X 0 X

(What do Matt.20:23, Matt.24:36, & 1st Cor.15:25-28 tell us about Jesus' knowledge and power?)

Micah 5:4 - “And he will certainly stand and do shepherding in the strength of Jehovah, in the superiority of the name of Jehovah his God. And they will certainly keep dwelling, for now he will be great as far as the ends of the earth

John 20:17 - Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to MY Father and YOUR Father and to MY God and YOUR God.’

Romans 15:6 - That with one accord YOU may with one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:3 - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ...................

2 Corinthians 11:31 - The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, even the One who is to be praised forever, knows I am not lying.

Ephesians 1:3 - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in union with Christ,

Hebrews 1:9 - You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, YOUR God, anointed you with [the] oil of exultation more than your partners.”

1 Peter 1:3 - Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.............................

Revelation 1:6 - And he made us to be a kingdom, priests to his God and Father.......................

Revelation 3:2 - Become watchful, and strengthen the things remaining that were ready to die, for I have not found your deeds fully performed before MY God

Revelation 3:12 - “The one that conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of MY God, and he will by no means go out [from it] anymore, and I will write upon him the name of MY God and the name of the city of MY God, the new Jerusalem which descends out of heaven from MY God, and that new name of mine

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Having researched the subject of the trinity and giving an educated answer in a nutshell. The whole trinity thing is a bunch of Babylonish man made nonsense!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit