Husband Turns Up With Circuit Overseer And Wife!

by disillusioned 2 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

My husband said he would be gone for the day. The circuit overseer is at their cong and he trying to get brownie points. I was just chilling watching tv with a cuppa, when I heard a car outside. I looked to see if he was back and saw a man in a suit getting out of a car, I didn't know who he was, because I havn't been for years, then saw my husband and realised who it was. He had brought the circuit overseer and his wife back to ours. I ran up the stairs and hid in the toilet (only room with a lock). My husband came up stairs asked where are you? Then said see you later! He didn't even bring them in. I thought what was that all about? What was the point in coming back with them, not bringing them in, then leaving again? Maybe he realised I wouldn't see them so they left!

Just thought maybe they needed the toilet but it was occupied lol.

Now I'm sitting here nervous they might come back.

(Not in the toilet)!

• Saename
    Saename

Why are you nervous?

• millie210
    millie210

I would be shocked too!

Maybe he forgot his phone or something and needed to grab it?

Hopefully that is the end of it!

• John Free
    John Free

Bit of a shock to the system i'd imagine. You should get your own back by bringing home some hardcore apostates lol.

• blondie
    blondie

It probably was a bathroom stop...we had jws do that to us, once a carload all at once. My husband was a new jw and didn't understand the possible implications and reasons. We had been sick for 5 days and missed the midweek meeting, service, and Sunday. Now no one goes out Sunday am in that congregation.

One sister realized we had 2 bathrooms and pushed her way into bedroom towards the bathroom but not before I pushed her out the bedroom door and slammed the door. "We're still sick and contagious, it's your fault if you get it."

I always put my robe on when I go to the door now and no one gets in.

I figure he thought you would be dressed and weren't sick and it would encourage you, maybe. I'm sure he was checking out the lay of the land, would not be good if he caught you in your robe with the CO and his wife right behind him.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

disillusioned2 - Don't let that jackhole and his wife make you feel uncomfortable in your own home, Just flip the switch and imagine you stepped foot on their premises with a cigarette or blasting loud music, you know how that pompous attitude would ask you leave with no problem at all.

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

Saename

I'm nervous because I dont want to be pressured to "return to Jehovah", to be told how close we are to the end of this system.

I am nervous that after 'successfully' (kind of) just fading into the background and having all my witness family still speaking to me that I may slip up and tell them why I don't believe anymore and get disfellowshipped!

When I first found out about TTATT some years ago I blurted out many things to my family and husband expecting them to see what I could see, but obviously they didn't. After finding out on this forum that that was the wrong way to go about it I stopped speaking about it to them. It is hard sometimes to listen to them coming out with so much rubbish and not coming back at them. But I have learned to do that.

I have just found out when my husband returned home that he had asked the circuit overseer to come to see me, he was going to invite me to the meeting on Sunday. My husband knew I had locked myself in the bathroom so I could not to see him! Quite embarrassing, I had hoped he wouldn't have realised that I had seen him.

After the recent one day assembly my husband is full of it (holy spirit)? lol. I found out this afternoon from my mother, that my husband is pioneering this month! That was the first I had heard about it. He has said nothing to me about it. This from a person who before this managed a couple of hours a month!

Lets hope he doesn't bring the circuit overseer round again this week or I'll be spending quite a bit of time in the bathroom!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Can't you just tell your husband not to pull that crap?

• blondie
    blondie

This is one problem when one marriage mate is an active jw and the other is not and they live under the same roof.

Wife or husband feels they can waltz in with anyone they want opening the door for a confrontation. I know a husband had no problem leaving out the back door and get in the car and drive away. Wife finally the message. The other problem is when the elder(s) come by supposed to encourage the wife and doesn't mention it to the husband putting him in an awkward position.

I would have gone up to the bathroom and shut the door myself but not locked it. But then I would have been in my robe and excused myself.

The elders around here including the CO, know that to "drop by" our house, or stake out our house is a bad idea. Law enforcement and I are on good terms, seeing I worked in that field for some time.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I went to the Sunday meeting the other day when it was the COs visit, hubby is an elder and i go from time to time just to show my face and say hello to old friends. Anyway, I was sat at the back after the meeting and the CO comes out, looks straight at me and plonks himself down beside me. However, he was really nice, Introduced himself, siad you're ***** wife aren't you'? When I said 'yes' he said it was lovely to meet me and just went on to say how much he liked my son, that he did lots of kind things behind the scenes (helping out a disabled brother and a young family) and he thought what a lovely young man he was. He never said anything about me being inactive, or missing lots of meetings. He was very nice.

I've told my husband that anyone is welcome to come back for tea or coffee as long as they don't try to get me to come back. I've had some knocking on the door to say hello and if anyone tries anything I just nod politely and smile and change the subject. Works quite well LOL. Usually they just like to pass the time of day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit