Women in Heaven?

by sandy 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sandy
    sandy

I am curious; When you were a jw how would you answer this question?

If you answered it with spirit creatures are sexless, neither female or male how would you respond to someone coming back at you with the argument that the angels before the flood came down to earth to take the women to have sex with them?

Why do JW's get upset when people ask questions like this, questions they cannot answer.

I remember this one guy in the congregation I used to attend used to ask questions such as this. Nobody knew how to answer him so we concluded he was un-theocratic. We felt he was asking unnecessary questions and being overly critical of Jehovah and the bible.

Any thoughts?

• shotgun
    shotgun

I think the bible does not point specifically to women in Heaven because it was written primarily by men in a strictly male dominated world.

Revelation 14 for example when speaking of the 144000

4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. 5 No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless.

Now I could understand why a woman would not want to defile herself with one of the GB but not the other way around.

In the male oriented scriptures it always refers to sons of the true god never to daughters.

What does that mean?

Do women take on male characteristics in heaven and even grow beards as the WT always depects angels with beards?

I think I'm going to become a mormon so at least I can have a false hope of getting and populating my own planet. I'll call it the Love Planet, martians welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit