JW Sister: raped, pregnant what does she do?, abortion or adoption?

by Olivia Wilde 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Tim310- How many were medically necessary? How about less than 1% of 1%.

2ndly, one can get an abortion almost anywhere. If there is one thing that is not denied to the american public, it's abortion clinics.

Planned parenthood is big on womens healthcare, but how many breast mamogram clinics do they have? 0

just saying

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

She should not have worn that dress. Chop her up and send her body parts to the four corners of the Earth!!!!

Problem solved, you're welcome!

TOMO 😝

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

Although she could not abort the baby as this would amount to murder (more than just Jehovah's Witnesses believe this), there is no scriptural reason she cannot give the baby up for adoption and no elders anywhere should give her trouble about this. I don't have a reference but I will see if I can find one.

CC

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Somehow I think TTWSYF just made that 1% of 1% statistic up.

I've known 2 people personally that had fetuses with such severe deformities that they were incompatible with life. They would have had babies who would have died shortly after birth because they could not survive independently.

One of them suffered from anencephaly which means the fetus had no brain. No chance at life.

Both mothers decided to terminate the pregnancies as soon as they found out rather than allow the suffering and immediate death of a full- term delivery. These pregnancies were slightly less than halfway through and the abnormalities were found at the regular midterm ultrasound.

It is these sad pregnancies that I think about when I vote to keep abortion legal. There is no way that I believe it would ever be better to force a full-term pregnancy in cases like these. And, if abortion were illegal, then they would have no ability to reduce suffering by terminating early.

• Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde
    committeechairman: Yes that was the issue, in both cases they were told they cannot put the child for adoption, one had an unbelieving husband and felt the org/elders had no business determining family matters. The poor sister was torn in too, she couldn't keep the baby due to being soo traumatized and wanted to give it up for adoption because she wanted the baby to have a better home environment. The husband was going to leave her, so if you can find it please send!!!
  • talesin
    talesin

Lest we forget

The raped woman is often disfellowshipped, because she cannot prove the rape.

I can see from Olivia Wilde's comment above, that the BOE plays a big part in INSTRUCTING (sorry, this makes my blood pressure BOIL) the victim in whether she has the right to choose adoption (of course, abortion would NEVER be considered, we must protect the UNBORN, and to hell with the living kids who are neglected, starving and abused - but I digress!). These MEN (and their WOMEN!) who think it is their **GOD** given right to make such decisions.

ACK! I've been out of their influence for far too long to even see this as the least bit reasonable.

*pukes*

EDIT: Well, I think I've used up my 5 comments for the day, but I want to say that the VICTIMIZATION of women and children MUST STOP.

lol, "Don't hold back, talesin" ......... "Okay, I won't!" <3

Love and light to you all!

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Gotta love people with made up statistics! The fact is that current laws limit how late a woman can get an abortion. While I understand some of the reasoning behind this, the truth is that most pregnancies that make it to 20 weeks or past are wanted pregnancies. Very few women would wait until their 20th - 24th week to decide that they wanted an abortion. Most abortions that happen after 20 weeks are done because there is something drastically wrong.

I recently read an account of a couple where the woman's cervix would not hold the child in. After multiple consultations and procedures it was determined that there was no hope of saving the child. Because of the laws in her state, Texas, no abortions were allowed after 20 weeks even when medically necessary. Even inducing labor was seen as an abortion because the fetus would not survive.

Instead of being able to end their's and the fetus's suffering quickly, they had to wait for the fetus to slowly, over the course of 2 days, to fall out. It was torturous for the couple. That's the kind of thing that happens when government imposes laws without thinking of all the consequences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit