JW Sister: raped, pregnant what does she do?, abortion or adoption?

by Olivia Wilde 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde
    This question came out frequently from a situation known to some of us who knew of 2 cases.... if a single or married sister gets rapped by stranger or incest, a pregnancy results, she is not allowed to have an abortion but neither is she allowed to give it up for adoption?...i always question why not up for adoption?... No you will be blood guilty because the child won't be raised in the "truth"... hmmmmm does anyone heard of that? Is it a matter of consciousness?
  • Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    Um, I'm pretty sure the sadist borg feels you should keep & raise the child yourself.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I never heard of objections to adoption. The abortion would be no option of course
  • JustMe2
    JustMe2
    If I remember correctly, it wasn't a conscience matter, at least not years ago. The mother would be responsible for seeing that the child would be brought up properly. I think that even having other Witnesses adopt the baby would not be an option because there would be no guarantee that they would remain faithful.
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    This unfortunately does happen, there are women who bring up the child & somehow manage in their hearts to never hold the child accountable which i personally find amazing. I would never make a judgment on a woman in this situation & neither should the WT or elders or anyone else in a cong. The thing is when your pregnant your a parent, if you miscarry/abort/adopt/ or keep that fact doesn't go away. Special counselling is needed in a situation like rape & those bloody arrogant elders should keep their f....ing opinions to themselves. The decision must be the mothers, she will have already experienced loss of power from the rape it would be a disaster to push her in the direction you think she should go in. Of corse as far as the WTBTS go you must do as the insist or else pay the price, black/white no feelings come into it at all. I said it before i`ll say it again BASTARDS!
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo
    In the case of an ectopic pregnancy an abortion is acceptable by the b0rg otherwise the mother dies...that might have a bearing on this topic but I've never heard or seen actual b0rg policy on this.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well, did she scream out or was she quiet throughout the ordeal?

Thats the first question the society wants answered...cos if she didn't scream, then she would be classed as a sinner and likely disfellowshipped for immorality....

So then whatever she chooses to do with the baby would then not concern the organisation...

(sorry, I couldn't resist highlighting the ridiculousness of past teachings from the org. I was not trying to be insensitive to the original idea in the original post)

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Worth mentioning that no matter HOW a pregnancy happens, the child is always innocent.

Hitler killed millions and was very passionate about his killing.

Joseph Stalin killed millions without passion, just didn;t care.

Abortions have killed more than every murder, war, drunk driver, or any other violence thru all of recorded history. Just saying

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Abortions have killed more than every murder, war, drunk driver, or any other violence thru all of recorded history.

But how many of those abortions were medically necessary. I used to feel strongly about abortion, but now feel differently after I read and watched videos of first-hand accounts of those who needed an abortion due to medical complications, but were denied one because of laws that were passed. Instead they had to wait on the body to eventually abort the child and, in some cases, it was not clear if the mother would survive.

I still don't feel that abortion should be a means of birth control, but I do think that the laws in the US are now causing hardships on people who truly want a baby, but need an abortion due to complications.

• Listener
    Listener

Here's a link to a JW section of an adoption forum.

https://adoption.com/forums/thread/331698/jehovah-039-s-witness-looking-to-adopt-from-foster-care/

On person mentions that there is an Awake article that supports single JW females adopting children but they don't say which Awake it was.

Another person states that a person who wants to adopt their child out can specify that they only want their child to go to persons of a particular religion.

I knew of a Canadian JW couple that adopted an Asian girl because they weren't able to have one naturally. The JW girl became pregnant when she was about 18 and still single. The father was also a JW, his father was an elder. The Canadian couple adopted the child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit