Do You Watch Late Night TV ?

by minimus 12 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I used to watch the Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson and Jay Leno.I loved the show. It was funny, well written and timely. Back in the day ,I used to watch Arsenio Hall and sometimes Letterman and Conan.

Now , I find most of these shows are so boring and unfunny. Take Saturday Night Live. It just isn’t funny . I love great imitators. I really do, but these parodies aren’t funny—-at least to me.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Agree Late Night shows used be entertaining to a broad bases of ages, not just the adolescent age demographic which it is now.

People over 40 watch late night television too.

• minimus
    minimus

And I really don’t care about listening to only political sarcasm whether it be conservative or liberal. I want to sit down and be entertained by something that will make me just laugh because it’s funny not because it’s mean spirited

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSXagne82ak

Late nite tv use to push the envelope on what is funny and it worked(I think). 1030 was the time to wind down and try to sleep off your consumption of adult beverages and sleep. No originality in today's late nite so I don't ever go there anymore.

• Simon
    Simon

It's all too boringly predictable. Just a consistent theme of "Trump so bad ..." and then something unfunny or outright gross.

No originality, no comedy, no diversity of viewpoint, just political propaganda.

SNL has never been funny, they just shout and pretend it's comedy.

I think North America struggles with comedy. They can get something mildly amusing and hire enough script writers to keep it going 10 seasons but it's rarely truly funny where you want to laugh.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

What minimus said is exactly why I don't want it either. The thing that really irritates me about it - one side is always complaining about how mean and nasty the other side is being to them, and then they turn right around and are doing EXACTLY to others what they are complaining about.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I loved Carson when I was a kid (when my parents would let me stay up long enough to watch it with them).

Leno, no way, not funny IMO. I still think Letterman was far funnier with his twisted wit.

I can now only watch Colbert and if I am up later, Seth Myers.

As far as Saturday Night Live goes, I have watched it since it first came on when I was I was just starting high school in the mid-70's. Over 40 years ago. Someone must think it is funny.

Yes, at times it is political, but if you don't think Alec Baldwin (Trump) and Kate McKinnon (Hillary) are funny, then you need to chill with a shot and a beer.

Rub a Dub

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

SNL cold opens have always been funny. They have been writing themselves the past 2 seasons thank you Donald Trump and now Fox News. Can’t wait for the roast of Sean Hannity sure to come Saturday.

Weekend Update is hilarious as well. It’s so successful it gets its own slot in the off season.

I don’t consider SNL late night but whatever.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Trump Ts his crap up by acting like himself, and Colbert knocks it out of the park. I love it.

• Boredposter
    Boredposter

After Carson it's all crap. Carson was smart comedy. Now it's all cheap jokes that could be heard in the local high school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit