Something special is happening this weekend!!!!

by crownboy 17 Replies latest jw friends

• crownboy
    crownboy

That's right folks, this weekend is the annual JW "special talk".

My congregation is having a Bethelite come in and do this talk, but really, what's so damn special about the special talk anyway?

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Because it's the same outline and information given out world-wide. I'm surprised it wasnt before the Memorial. It usually falls before the memorial to try and up attendance. Man talk about mass mind control. Will be very curious to see what the topic is.

Perhaps 'Standing Firm in a Dying World'

'Remain Loyal Despite Adversity'

'End of the System of Things is at hand'

'Now is Not the Time to Lose Faith'

or my favorite:

'blah blah blah blah blah blah blah'

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I always attended expecting to hear something significant. Never did. Always left thinking, "OK, so just what exactly was so 'special' about this talk?" Never once did it sound any different from the normal boring crap spewed from the stage on any other Sunday.

• Mystery
    Mystery

CHEVYSNTATS - I thought those were the titles from 10 or was it 20 or 30 or 40 years ago. hummmmm....

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Maybe "SUBJECT YOURSELF TO OUR AUTHORITY OR YOUR FLESH WILL ROT ON YOUR BONES AND CARRION WILL PECK YOUR EYES OUT AND YOU WILL DESERVE IT"

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

How about "Evil Apostates in the Media -- Do You Trust Jehovah's Organization Or Your Lying Eyes?" (With apologies to Dede.)

Nina

• minimus
    minimus

I think the talk has something to do with the fall of Babylon the Great and that the end is now so near.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

cheeses is going to appear in person and frighten the bejesus out of those miserable sods.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    "special talk

So the Bethelite will finally wear a helmet on stage for his own protection.....he's not ignorant, our bethelite friend is 'special'.

ash

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

My favourite: " Millions Now Living Will Never Die "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit