More Watchtower Begging And Dumbing-Down

by metatron 21 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

The latest Kingdom ministry (May) has a few changes. First, it has an insert called "International Kingdom Hall Building in Some European Lands" - designed to extract more $ from the friends. The Announcement section tells people how to write checks payable to "Jehovah's Witnesses" for donations - but... The KM also warns against mentioning the donation arrangement over the phone because "this could be misinterpreted as a form of telephone solicitation". The article on the back page (God's Word is Truth) NOW HAS printed questions at the bottom! No need to think, Brother Elder, we do it all for you! Were they really too stupid to figure out what the paragraphs were about by themselves? Oddly, both the Announcements and the insert appear to be printed in a larger font than usual - which limits the number of words on the page. Maybe they just ran out of crap to talk about ---- or they have reached a new low in addressing a "Dick and Jane at the Seashore" reading level. Message from Headquarters summarized: You're idiots and hand over your money. metatron ( don't try to plumb the depths of Witness stupidity, you'll never hit bottom)

• ballistic
    ballistic

sounds about right

• freedom96
    freedom96

Someone is bound to make a comment about how wonderful it is for the brothers back at bethel to think of those who find it difficult to read the small print and make the larger letters.

• rocketman
    rocketman

lol freedom.

• DJ
    DJ
    The KM also warns against mentioning the donation arrangement over the phone because "this could be misinterpreted as a form of telephone solicitation".

um, there's obviously no paranoia going on there.........

I still find it incredible that the watchtower never asks for any money......

• Farkel
    Farkel

Nobody reads that shit. That's why the WTS can get away with writing it!

Farkel

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Grrr dumb idiot JW's !

• Maverick
    Maverick

If these guys, (WTS) made breakfast cereal they would call it "Puffed Air" and the box would be very colorful, large, and EMPTY! Maverick PS They'd tell the RF that their cereal has no preservatives or sugar so it is very good for you!

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I cannot understand how the previous 10 years of constant whining and begging for $$$ hasn't broken the backs of most JWs. It drove me crazy, once the 'donation' arrangement went into effect the pleadings for $$$$ were constant. Coming from a religion that pretends to not solicit $$$ and 'rely on Jehovah'. Makes me want to scream "WAKE UP" to the JWs that are left in. Come with me and repeat the JW mantra .... (read in a trance like monotone)

More service - more meetings - more study - more guilt - give $$$$$ - More service - more meetings - more study - more guilt - give $$$$$ - More service - more meetings - more study - more guilt - give $$$$$ - More service - more meetings - more study - more guilt - give $$$$$

Repeat as often as needed.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    they have reached a new low in addressing a "Dick and Jane at the Seashore" reading level

See Chris. See Nina. See Chris and Nina at the Kingdom Hall. See Chris run. See Nina run. Goodbye, Kingdom Hall!

See Spot lift his leg on the P.O.'s car -- oh, wait, that's another chapter . . . .

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit