Does God Overlook WT Doctrine and Examine Hearts?

by stevieb1 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    does not God see beyond these matters and examine the heart of the vast majority of JW's who believe in Christ and try to be Christians

A reasonable God would. I dislike the JW belief that evangelical Christians will not get everlasting life. And I dislike the evangelical Christian belief that JWs will not get everlasting life. They are both saying that their God doesn't take into account that the individual is sincere though fooled. Same stupidity, different religion. It is like their God can't see beyond a petty rule and into the heart. Such a God is not worthy of my worship.

[Note: I do know that all JWs and all evangelical Christians do not believe so unreasonably. However, the vast majority I have conversed with about it do.]

If that's the case, then disputing diferent teachings of any religion is mute because the heart condition is what is most important.

Very true, neyank. Also, a reasonable God would take into account a person's culture, background, heart and situation. Which makes disputing teachings even more of a mute point.

Richard

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Parents figure whether or not something is good for their children, and then either withhold it or give it - according to stage of development etc.

Perhaps religions are like toys - very useful developmental aids, but grown out of - hopefully the children learned from the toys (sharing etc).

Some kids get carried away with their toys and end up hurting the other kids with them.

paduan

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest StevieB1... the greatest of peace to you!

Yes, God (and Christ) sees. Now, what He does about what He sees is summed in the following:

"To the extent you did it (or did not do it) to the least of these my brothers... you did it to me."

"A little leaven ferments the WHOLE lump."

"Separate yourselves and QUIT TOUCHING the unclean thing. And [then] I will take you in and you will become sons and daughters to me."

"Can a man touch an unclean thing, and not become unclean himself?"

IF there are those in the Borg whose hearts are "clean"... they WILL see the Borg for what it is, eventually (and there are some whose hearts aren't, and even THEY see!). A problem for some, however, is where do they go when they leave? In truth, only a few find the "narrow gate," which is a WHOM... and not a what... or a where.

John 6:68

Others... are gathered up by men, pitched into the fire... and burned. Spiritually.

John 15:1-7

Again, the greatest of peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit