Does God Overlook WT Doctrine and Examine Hearts?

by stevieb1 12 Replies latest jw friends

• stevieb1
    stevieb1

Another thought provoking issue which begs for a few well thought out replies:

We all know about the ever-changing doctrine of the WTBTS and the occasional hypocrisy of some of its members, but does not God see beyond these matters and examine the heart of the vast majority of JW's who believe in Christ and try to be Christians albeit following the faulty leadership of the WT? In other words does not the good outweigh the bad?

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

What god would you be referring to? If it's the god of the Old Testament Hebrew Scriptures I would say an emphatic NO. He made it pretty clear that stepping even 1 inch over the line = instant death. The Jesus teachings would indicate that the answer would be YES. Then there are all the other god's to think about too ... .

• blondie
    blondie

Then, stevieb1, wouldn't that apply to all people in all Christian religions who are trying to be Christians in spite of hypocrisy and shifting doctrine in their religious organizations. Wouldn't the God of the Bible...

see beyond these matters and examine the heart of the vast majority of JW's who believe in Christ and try to be Christians albeit following the faulty leadership

That way all Christian religions would be acceptable and there certainly would be no reason to preach to Christians.

What do you think?

Blondie

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

If there is a god, then yeah, he sees our hearts not how many meetings we attend.

• DJ
    DJ

A very good question. The watchtower teaches (reasoning book under 'religion') that if a person is fed one drop of poison by a religion even though they teach not to steal, lie, etc...that religion is false. It's an all or nothing teaching which clearly disqualifies themselves.

I believe that the bible teaches that God does search out hearts to look to see if Christ is in us. If we asked and have received the holy spirit then he sees Christ in us. That is what matters. If Christ is in you, then naturally good works will follow. The watchtower does not follow bible teaching on this either. Our good works are a result of Christ in us. We don't even take the credit for that! Believing in Christ is not simply saying so...believe means to trust and depend on, follow...etc. It is the when you possess Christ in you, not simply profess him. Big difference..... and an awful lot of misconceptions about this basic biblical teaching. I cannot presume to know if any jw's actually have the holy spirit. I just know that they don't teach the gospel that Jesus taught. Paul said that anyone who teaches a different gospel...let them be accursed. I am not the judge of them however. I just feel sad for the misled people.

• Francois
    Francois

As much as I hate to say this - despising the JWs as much as I do - God is no respecter of the organizations of men. I believe that He is quick to honor the faintest flicker of faith no matter its source, be it the JWs, Hindu, Islam, Taoist, Baptist, Baalite, Ra worshippers, etc.

HOWEVER, I also believe that God despises a liar and a hypocrit, a child molester and a murderer. So you elders out there who have burdened the sheep with loads under which they groan, but which you are not willing to budge with the end of your finger - don't start relaxing yet.

francois

• minimus
    minimus

Francois sums it up well. I think God forgives all types of stupidity. He doesn't (I think) look at certain religions and decide to not look at people's hearts because of their affiliation. But God will judge us by our actions, good or bad. I don't think God overlooks any doctrine or way of belief that is unacceptable to him, but I feel he doesn't necessarily hold it against us.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Stevie

God could be comparable to a parent. So, picture yourself w a few dozen kids. Are you going to go judgemental on them because of what was written in a book of confusing rules by a bunch of dudes a long time ago? If that rule book said to not have dirty fingernails, to not pee in the backyard, or other stuff like that, are you going to kill your kids that do those things? What about one of your kids who didn't love you? Would you kill him because of that?

Finally, rather than expect all of your kids to follow a confusing rule book written milleniums ago, wouldn't you visit your kids, at least once in each ones lifetime? If your kids never recieve even one visit, how can you blame them for neglecting faith in you? Are not like an absntee parent?

Wouldn't you rather teach them personally, than leave them in others' hands? Then, of course, we could pose the question, why hasn't god been doing this, if he is as is commonly accepted, here in the west?

SS

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

As long as we believe in an anthropomorphic person god, who thinks and acts like us, we will never pass the muster and might as well begin packing luggage for an eternity in

Unless of course you believe you are good enough for your lilliputian god, then you are probably an ego maniac who should expect an eternity in

JamesT

• neyank
    neyank

If He overlooks the false teachings of the WTS and looks at the heart condition of its followers, then He also must overlook the false teachings of other religions and look at the heart condition of their followers.

If that's the case, then disputing diferent teachings of any religion is mute because the heart condition is what is most important.

neyank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit