Mary Shelley the Movie

by smiddy3 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Has anybody seen this movie yet ? I really enjoyed it .And I couldn`t help but think of those with literally/poetic skills on this forum while I was watching it .

I would be interested in anybody`s comments reviews either good or bad .

• Magnum
    Magnum

I didn't know there was a movie, but now that I do know, I want to see it. I've been fascinated with her for a while. I can't believe that Frankenstein was started when she was only 18 and completed when she was only 20. That seems so young to have produced such an insightful work.

Those around her, her parents, husband, other associates seemed to be really smart people. It was an interesting time in history.

• Londo111
    Londo111

The challenge of the book is that it is the first person narrative frame of a sea captain, relating the first person narrative of Dr. Frankenstein, who when encountering his amazingly verbose monster, relates his first person narrative. At times, it's three levels deep.

In the 19th century, authors could get away with these things.

I still can't figure out how the monster learned to read by spying on a family through a crack in the floor or wall or wherever he was hiding.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

No, not yet, but looking forward to ti. It hasn't been released in Australia yet.

I'm a big fan of M.Shelley, I think she was a prodigy. As Magnum pointed out, to come up with such an amazing and insightful and deep exploration of the many issues and concepts in Frankenstein seems almost impossible for one so young. I'm in my late 40's, have read the book twice and seen great play versions of it as well and I'm still getting my head around the concepts.

In terms of being an ex-jw and an ex-beleiver/atheist I I've really gone back to the aspects the book that highlight issues re a creator's responsibility to its creation.... and all that it implies re the God of the Bible... a large part of the consequences of the story stem from the abandonment by the creator Dr.Frankenstein and his failure to understand the needs of his creature.

• justme
    justme

yes, i watched it, i thought it was good, i also read up on her background too, very interesting life she had..i watched it online for free, it was a pretty decent copy.there are quite a few links to it, if you scroll down the page

https://streamdreams.org/watch-movie-mary-shelley-online-free.html

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Mary Wollstone Craft Shelley / Poetry Foundation... is a link I found fascinating with all the work that Mary Shelley produced in her lifetime , I had no idea how gifted she was.

Her Father was very exceptional also in his own right.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, smiddy -- back atcha later.

• compound complex
  • compound complex
  • smiddy3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit