Flashbacks of JW frustration...

by logansrun 12 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    For the first time in a long while, I'm really mad at this organzition. You know, I had lost a lot of my "bitterness" a few months ago when I started to absorb myself in other activities. Lately, I feel like I've had a "delayed reaction" of sorts when it comes to my association with the JWs. It's a strange combination of anger, sadness, frustration and grief.

I have had this same thing happen. When you think you've moved on and left this mess behind, something comes up and brings all these emotions back.

As far as missing the association, that too I understand. No phone calls from the guys going to see a ballgame or play ball or golf. No calls from other couples asking us to go out to eat with them or come over to play cards or a game. It takes time but you can find new friends and associates. If you're an outgoing person, it will come a little easier than for someone who is quieter or shy. I have never been real outgoing and my best friends were people I grew up with in "the truth". Now I am meeting new friends through the job and by new hobbies. It just takes time. And there are still going to be times when something reminds you of the past and the good times from knowing so many people from the hall and it may make you reflect on where you are now. But when you think of the good times of the past don't forget to remember the reason why you left it behind.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Hi Bradley,

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Hi Bradley,

Sorry about the first incomplete post. My son bumped the keyboard.

Sorry you're having a hard time dealing this week. As you can see, lots of us here have experienced the same thing. I won't repeat the same advice, but I was wondering, is it nearing finals week for you by any chance?

Being a thirty-something overacheiving undergraduate:), I'm well-aware that stress levels skyrocket at the end of a semester. I'm finding myself real short tempered, and have begun having those feelings of being different from the crowd but longing to join in again. This is the third semester I've attended since leaving the JWs, and the feeling does tend to get worse when I'm under exam and incompetant instructor stress.

The good news is, it gets better after exams:)

Give yourself some time. Leaving the only life style you've ever known is like immigrating to a whole new culture. It takes awhile for one to adjust to a new country. For some it happens quickly, for others it takes a longer time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit