What Aggravates You The Most About The Jehovah's Witness Religion?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Swan
    Swan

LIES!

When I left the JWs back in January 1994, I basically wanted to live my life. I was willing to walk away with the attitude that you believe what you want to believe and I will believe what I want to believe. You don't bother me, and I won't bother you. Then, after I was out, I began to understand that what I had been told all of my life was nothing but lies! It makes me so angry that they can enslave people like me from birth, feeding us their propaganda, and they get off scot free. Yes, I understand the basic freedoms in this country (U.S.), freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and all of that. It still makes me furious that they could lie to me all of those years like they are still lying to millions like me still in their control. Several of those people are my family, and I love them dearly. It tears me up sometimes to think that they are still being lied to today, and there is not a damn thing I can do about it.

Tammy

• minimus
    minimus

You know what aggravates me about Jehovah's Witnesses??? They REALLY believe in their own self-righteousness. They gloss over their own personal as well as GB imperfections and yet have the audacity to look down upon anyone else that is not a Witness.

• pamkw
    pamkw

The fact that they wait for people's lives to change. They get to people when they are down, be it from divorce or a death in the family. Then when the victim (interested one) is at their weakest point, they bring out all the great lines about living forever, or God making it better and suck them right in. In a normal situation the victim would not even talk to them, but given the sadness in their life, they listen. Then once snagged, it is hard to get out. That's how they got my grandma, she had just been widowed, and my mother who had just went through a bitter divorce.

Pam

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I only know one JW well. He was "born in the truth" and is now in his late 50s. I never know if he is prevaricating about stuff because he knows I'll let fly with some questions/opinions before I get my tongue back under control, or if he has decided to pick and choose. He's a "good" witness. Very seldom missing meetings, giving talks, doing door to door, etc. But then there is me (decidedly worldly). Who he has never attempted to preach to. Which suggests that he's decided to follow the form but keep his own council. He has told me that the congregation is what matters and that what the Watch Tower Society is up to doesn't really affect him, which left my mouth hanging open. Theocratic warfare? Or denial? (What aggravates me the most is the intelligence-destroying nature of the cult.)

• shera
    shera

Just about all of it,the self righteousness.Judging us apostates as evil and liars.

The lies and the history of the org...ohh if I only knew.

Door to door...blllaaahhhh(stressful)

Too much sitting for long periods,I can't sit long.

Conditional love and acceptence

(hehehe just noticed this is a few months old )

• Spudinator
    Spudinator

The apostates that have come out of it!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

That they all stink of printing ink. Pee-yew! <holds nose>

Get a headache going to the literature counter.

Country Girl

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

The thing that aggravates me the most is that they prey on the truly honest hearted individuals of this world and manipulate their minds into thinking the Watchtower CORPORATION is god-inspired and would NEVER screw anyone out of money or teach anything that isn't true. And the fact that they've addressed every major scripture in the Bible and learned how to twist it in any way possible to fit their teachings.

Just love the way they can apply certain scriptures literally and others figuratively.

In four years I haven't made any headway with ANY of my family. I'm tired of trying to not say things in fear of them realizing i'm really an "apostate." Tired of them manipulating every conversation to make me feel GUILTY FOR LEAVING! Like I'm supposed to just stop believing differently and come back, simply so that I can say "I'm in the truth" and see/socialize w/ everyone again and compare publishers to those "reaching out and pioneering." Being blackmailed back into the religion just to restore our relationship is NOT COOL.

I'm sick of it. Working on a letter to send them. Don't think it'll go over very well, but I keep this in any longer.

• breal
    breal

How it contributes to divisions amongst family members due to DF'ing, DA'ing & Shunning Rules.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

It's not just the Control (though it is that!)- it's their firm belief they have a God-given right to have that control...and that doing anything to loosen that control the tiniest bit is a sin against the Almighty Creator of the Universe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit