Buddhists and Jehovah's Witnesses

by tornapart 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

What I got from the site was this: For me to tell her that I was a Buddhist, to put a label on my belief-structure, would be to subconsciously draw a line between our beliefs, instead of talking at the dinner table as equal human beings. I thought of that conversation as an experiment to prove that we're all fighting for virtually same things;

Up to a point we are but this might be overly optimistic.

That said this is a possible blueprint on how to approach a still in family member. Slamming someone with TTATT puts a label on their or your belief structure. And that label becomes a barrier. Finding common ground should be the first step.

• cappytan
    cappytan

You might enjoy this article by Sam Harris about appreciating Buddhism without all the supernatural mumbo jumbo.

Killing the Buddha

“Kill the Buddha,” says the old koan. “Kill Buddhism,” says Sam Harris, author of The End of Faith, who argues that Buddhism’s philosophy, insight, and practices would benefit more people if they were not presented as a religion.
  • Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Buddhism is Australia's second-largest religion after Christianity, with 500,000 adherents.

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit