What happens if you DA yourself and you've been inactive for a long time?

by be wise 15 Replies latest jw friends

• be wise
    be wise

rocketman; if they kept making unannounced visits to me I don't know what I'd eventually do [bucket of water comes to mind]. If you did bucket them, they would feel good that they were so-being 'tortured' christians, it would even get a passing comment at the meeting, you would be doing them a favour. Other than that nick his bucket when you see him cleaning windows.

• rebel
    rebel

be wise & rocketman,

If ever you get an unnanounced visit, just stay cool, don't get annoyed, smile, be polite but make it obvious that you have no interest whatsoever in what they are saying. Let them know that you are very busy and have important things to do. If you are actually spending the day chilling out doing diddly, just make something up - tell them you have an urgent errand to attend to. If you do this every time they come round, they will soon get really fed up and leave you alone. Don't forget, act REALLY disinterested in what they are saying. Make sure you have great difficulty concentrating and following their line of reasoning. Ask them to repeat themselves again and again and then keep changing the subject. Be really vague - as if your mind is miles away. Say things that have got nothing to do with the subject being discussed. They will get so exasperated that they won't want to visit you again.

xxR

• be wise
    be wise

Sounds like good advice coming straight from the horses mouth, I'll keep it in mind.

• minimus
    minimus

Do you know what's amazing??? That an announcement will be made saying So-and-So has disassociated himself after being away for 4 or 5 years and NOBODY in the congregation even responding to it when it's announced. It's like the person, the "friend", never even existed! I don't know what to make of it.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

http://www.jw-media.org/ says plainly in their FAQ that they do not shun former members. Why do you need to DA if you are a former member? I never renewed my membership. They tried to get me to DA and I showed them the website directly. Do I need to DA to make some silly statement of conscience or integrity? That was their thinking. Everything is not an issue of integrity. If they try to get you to DA show them that they cant DA a catholic can they? Why? Because he is not a member. neither are you. Thus there is no need to DA yourself. It worked for me and I told them plainly that I was an apostate. Of course I also nicely pointed out that I fully expected them to not follow their rules, and that they were identical..IDENTICAL to every other religion. And because they were Identical I expected them to do what EVERY OTHER RELIGION would do in their case, lie. Now this was neither there nor here to me. Have a ball. It simply would demonstrate what we all KNEW to be fact. Your religion, like all others lies. So does your website.

No DA or DF for me:)

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Hey Hy hope your doing well.

Rocketman just use the Diarrhea excuse, it's infallible :D

Ven

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/46406/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit