That Post Needs to Be GONE

by Francois 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Tom Talley's post above about the Nazification of America, IMHO, needs to be GONE from the site altogether. There is enough there still to get plenty of people riled up. And it's even worse because now it's locked and no one can tell Tom Talley how full of shit he is.

francois

• Englishman
    Englishman
    Tom Talley's post above about the Nazification of America, IMHO, needs to be GONE from the site altogether.

Francois,

If I was a patriotic American, I would be upset by the post too. Personally, I think most folk will just regard it as another conspiracy theory. Removing the post altogether would, IMHO, just enhance that conspiracy theory.

Regards,

Englishman.

• COMF
    COMF

Get to know Tom, Francois. He and folks with his views walk amongst us, and we might as well know them.

Tom misinterpreted a post I made about four years ago, and has held an active grudge against me over it ever since, in spite of my attempts at reconciliation. It's a "Terms of Endearment" situation (watch the movie again if you don't understand the reference).

He means well, bless his heart.

• Simon
    Simon

A few points Francois:

1. The topic has been locked and will drop down.
    2. You creating more topics simply gives it the publicity that the author probably intended.
    3. If I just delete it then *some* people will start making up stories from an alternate reality.
    4. If someone posted a massively insulting pro-America topic and I deleted it ... would you complain?
    5. Personal attacks are not allowed.
  • foreword
    foreword

Simon, I totally symphatize with you and will respect your wills. I do not see it as a breach to freedom either.

So from now on, if I do make a comment, it will be in moderation. Promise.

take care and don't stress yourself too much over a bunch of arguing idiots.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

OH BROTHER. Knock it off guys will ya.

• sf
    sf

Comments from my eleven year old daughter after viewing the 'OFFENDING THREAD' posted by Tommy...

"Why are they mad at him? That's what he (BUSH) is; a houdini!"

Great job Tom! All you did is put it into abstraction, which wasn't abstract at all!! At least not to an eleven year old. She saw EXACTLY what Houdini didn't want her or any other child to see...

BOZO!!

sKally, i love tom talley and all he is and stands for!!, klass...yes...ALL!!

• Simon
    Simon

Tom

I did consider deleting those comments about you but decided it was best to leave them so that there could be no accusation of things being edited or covered up etc... by certain people. I know how incredibly sensitive they can be.

The comments were unnecessary IMHO and show people up who say things like that.

• COMF
    COMF

Hang in there, dude.

• DJ
    DJ

1. If I just delete it then *some* people will start making up stories from an alternate reality.

LOL@ Simon. Funny and true! I like the way you word things. dj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit