How Many Refused To Meet With The Elders When Told They Wanted To Talk?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Have you ever just not dealt with the elders if they told you they wanted to talk to you? You know, did ya just "blow them off"?

• JH
    JH

Being inactive since so long, the elders are trying to meet me since a few months.

I just don't open the door to them. Living alone, they don't hear any sound in my appartment, so they think I'm not there. Often I keep my car in my parents garage because they live so close, so the elders actually don't know when I'm home.

I don't want to see them, or talk to them. I know what they want.

So in a way I'm refusing to see them, but they keep on coming. I thought that they would stop visiting inactive ones starting April 1st. They came yesterday morning again.

• rocketman
    rocketman

JH, this might work.....I have a sign above my doorbell that says: "Elders - No Calls. Thank You".

They had been stopping almost each week. I went out to talk (I don't let them in for fear they become too relaxed and want to stay) and when one went back to his car for a minute, I told the other one, whom I've known for almost 15 years, that the calls were becoming a disturbing burden. I think that, coupled with the sign, may have done the trick, but only time will tell.

• minimus
    minimus

Rocketman, I think such a sign would do the trick. Well, at least you're very subtle.

• flower
    flower

i did! after a couple of jc meetings they called and wanted to meet yet again. i was like screw this..didnt answer the door or phone when i knew it was them. they got pissed and df'd me..wooohoo!

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I've met with the Elders so many times. I've always been elusive with them, never admiting to anything, nor denying. Never being repentant, nor unrepentant. One of the last ones I told them I didnt have anything to do with the congragtion, I didnt associate, or attend meetings. So there was no need in keeping the congregation clean from me. So when I gave my DF'd best friend a baby shower last year, I got another telephone call. I politely told the Elder to 'kiss my ass, it was none of his business. They had no authority over me, and I would not meet with them ever again. To do what they wanted to me, I didnt care.' Well needless to say, they didnt do anything, and I havent heard anything from anyone since.

• free will
    free will

yes, i told them i'd let them know when i had time to talk. never called them back. oddly enough, their impromptu visits have stopped and so have the phone calls. could i be df'd and not know?

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

been ignoring their phone calls (caller id) and their lame attempts to contact me in person. figure that they will eventually leave me alone. i know that they don't give a hoot about me; it's just that i used to be an elder.

• shera
    shera

Yes,before I DA myself.I told them to get away from me and I don't want to talk to you.I did get overly upset,but I couldn't take the control anymore and I wasn't going to let them try to control me with a talk or judical(?) commitie..how ever u spell that.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I did much the same as free will. They called, asking if they could come over for a chat. I told them it wasn't convenient right now (which was true, I had visitors staying with me) and that I would give them a call when it was more convenient.

I never called back.

They didn't call me, only one turned up when they were witnessing in the area but he didn't make any arrangements for an official visit. I think they pretty much got the message, LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit