Why the change?

by Fadeaway1962 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Possible cancelling the memorial after years of experiences of bro/sis under nazi , Communist oppression and many other countries still conducting the memorial under threat of death that the governing body is listening to the superior authorities regarding this virus pandemic.

Could it be that after taking control of the k/halls that the branch/governing body would be responsible for any disobedience to the civil authorities and liable for any deaths.

They would have left upto the local body of elders and encouraged obedience to God rather than men and a lack of faith in Jehovah to protect his people.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Perhaps they are getting their brains prepared for internet-vangelism.. That way they can sell off property??

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

I was thinking they would have the memorial in people's homes in groups of say 25 or so but the rumor is they are going to do a stream of the service and partakers can make arrangements at home.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

But Jehovah would protect his chosen people from getting this virus anyway, particularly at a Kingdom Hall on memorial night

Jehovah's holy spirit protects his faithful devoted ones.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

I bet they will only stream from the quarantine in Warwick, the eight anointed GB members will Passon the symbols. No partakers elsewhere. They become the remnant.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Satan and his wicked evil forces must be behind this corona virus.

Dam you Satan !

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962
    Take the blood of a few lambs and put it on the door posts it protected the Israelites in Egypt at Passover .
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The GB men got together and said .... " Hey guys we are the anointed so that means we have to touch and pass on the unleavened bread and the wine that other people have touched, what are we going to do about that ?

The replies were ..... " Screw that, I'm not touching anything that others have touched, even here at Bethel, some of you guys may have the virus too, particularly you brother Morris you and your drinking habits.

Ok Ok, why dont we do it while wearing plastic surgical gloves and when one of us drinks the wine and eats the bread we toss it into the garbage right after and we pour a new glass and place some new bread on a plate.

Ok I'm cool with that but we dont sit close to each other, one chair apart during the the talk and the passing of the emblems.

Ok what about the rest of the brothers and sisters all around the world, what should they do ?

Ahh screw them, they wont know about what we are doing anyways, it will be just are own private event, Jehovah would want it this way since we are his special chosen ones. ..........right !

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I was thinking the same thing. They are definitely aware of the PR if they continued going from door to door and having huge meetings when the rest of the world is basically cancelling everything.

The organization has changed over the last decade, they are trying to be more mainstream, hip and modern evangelicals.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Some congregations might have 200 show up for the memorial, so putting people together in close proximity might not be a good idea, add in the passing of the emblems, wine glasses and emblems being touched and retouched.

A lot of JWS are indeed elderly now, including the top GB leaders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit