I attended my first meeting at a KH!!

by playdrums 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Good post Playdrums, and welcome!

What I always thought was really funny during the passing of the Emblems was when the attendants would make sure they had them passed among themselves as well. It seemed like they would get confused as to what order they were in...passing it back and forth in a group of about four or five of them, and then passing them back and forth to the speaker. I guess each time they handled the Emblems in each row, it didn't count as an official passing..LOL.

I also liked the comment someone made in this post about how it seems to be a rejection of Christ by actually passing the Emblems without partaking. Very interesting comments.

CC

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi playdrums,

I enjoyed your thoughtful and intuitive post. You didn't attend the Memorial with blinders on. You saw through the charade for what it really is. I too noticed how strong they emphasized that most of us in the audience do not have the hope of going to heaven. For many years I believed everything that the JW's said. Imagine my shock when I discovered that I had believed in a lie and that I had taught my family to believe in that lie.

When Jesus insituted the Memorial there was no indication on his part that there would be two classes of Christians. You know, one group going to heaven and the other group to live on the earth forever. The JW's take the simple explanation of scripture at John 10:16 and twist it. Jesus said: "And I have other sheep not of this fold, those also I must bring, and they will become one flock, under one shepherd." The JW's teach that the other sheep are synonymous with the great crowd mentioned in Revelation chapter 7. They say that the other sheep have the hope to live on the earth forever. However, the explanation of John 10:16 is made clear when Peter is sent to an Italian named Cornelius, a gentile. The other sheep are simply non-Jews that come to have the same hope of reigning eternally with Christ in heaven.

The partaking of the emblems is supposed to be reserved for all Christians. Jesus did not make distinctions which would put one Christian in the heavenly class and the other Christian in the earthly class. Also there have been millions of Christians that have lived down through the centuries. Was their sacrifice in vain? If the 144,000 as mentioned at Revelation 7 and Revelation 14 is to be taken literally, then I guess that the vast majority that have sacrificed their lives have done so for nothing.

There was a couple of other threads that dealt with why so many JW's have been duped. It is based on a scripture at Matthew 24:45-47, where it says: "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave that the master has appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time. Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings." The JW's teach that the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society are the Faithful and Discreet Slave appointed by God to dispense spiritual food to the rank and file nobody, otherwise known as the other sheep. The reason playdrums, why the people in the audience cannot use their own brain to reason is that they have been taught not to question these group of men that make up the Governing Body because they are God's representatives. To disagree with them is to disagree with God. To disagree with the Faithful and Discreet Slave is looked upon as apostasy against God.

So, the only way to get your girlfriend to see the deception of the WT is to slowly but surely get her to see that those men that say they are the Faithful and Discreet Slave are nothing more than men bent on power, position and authority. Encourage her to read the Bible on her own without WT interference. I did so and it was an eye opener for me. Also, the WT has hid it's true history from the rank and file JW. It has hurt thousands of innocents due to its warped sexual abuse policy. Thousands of innocents have been sexually abused either by their own family members or by elders or ministerial servants. Instead of encouraging the victims to take their story to the police, the victims were threatened with disfellowshipping if they spoke out. They wanted to keep up the delusion that sexual abuse didn't happen among Jehovah's "clean people."

The WT teaches that the UN is the peace beast of Revelation that will soon turn on false religion and destroy her yet, the WT was part of the UN as an NGO for about ten years from 1991 to 2001 until they were exposed by "opposers." What I wrote is just a tip of the iceberg. There are volumes of material on the JW's that proves their claim to be God's exclusive organization is a falsehood. I hope that your girlfriend will be able to see it. Thanks again for your informative post. I look forward to "hearing" more from you.

Mr. Shakita

• hurt
    hurt

Hi Playdrums. Just keep your head up. And my regards to Carmen.

Cheers.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I enjoyed your post also- Isnt it true what the bbible says about us being blind>followers of the WT-I truly was blind-I believed every thing they ever taught except 1914- & the fact that Jesus did not have a beard ( which they corrected -) I just wish your GF woulkd listen to a few of the testimonies at

http://www.jwinfoline.com/Page/audio.htm Thanks for your imput!!!All the best with unravalling the GF mind

• playdrums
    playdrums

Good comments. You are all a bounty of information as well. Truth be told I've been reading for quite a number of months and have purchased some of the materials Randy has made available. If any of you have had some successes with liberating the mind of a JW, I'd certainly appreciate your input as to what were good approaches. Maybe someone could start a new thread about it. I've personally hit a wall with some of the more aggressive techniques - obviously. Now I am very careful to think a number of steps ahead. It takes a sneak (an honest one) to overcome sneaks (dihonest ones).

mouthy:

Thanks for the link to the audio testimonies.

bebu:

I also attend protestant (based) churches usually in a musical capacity. Most of my friends are not Catholic. I really enjoy the opportunity to worship and use my talents for that. I've always enjoyed reading the Bible and especially studying Church history. Regarding the "kingdom looney tunes" there's nothing like a melody to plant information in the brain. I can guarantee it is an enormous part of the WT strategy of control. I try to play Carmen some of the music I play in Churches whenever I get an opporunity.

Tim

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Great to read your post, Playdrums, and welcome aboard, brother!

Mrs Bliss has read your post out loud to Mrs Ozzie and Mr Bliss, myself included.

We very much appreciated your comments from the " outside" and would like to assure you that many thinking ex-dubs and some dubs feel the same way. There's nothing like genuine Christian songs!

Cheers, Ozzie

• bebu
    bebu

Playdrums,

When I think of the songs that are sung in Christian churches, I think that the ones that must be hardest for JWs to be upset about/argue against are ones that come more directly from Bible verses. How can anyone argue with songs that are from Psalms, for example? When a church uses the Bible for a songbook, how can they be dismissed so easily?

On the other hand, if there is propaganda in JW music, and not scripture, (except in small, skewed doses?), would this not be noticed? I would hope so.

It is hard for me to imagine that JWs (or Mormons!) actually sing songs with lots of scripture in them. Long passages of scripture, not 'cut and paste' scripture. I've heard Mormons have songs like, "I Hope They Call Me To a Mission" and "We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet". These are propaganda, obviously.

Could people post the names of JW songs that are obviously propaganda? I'm curious! And is anyone aware of any song(s) that are close to hymns in Christian churches? I just can't imagine overlap!

bebu

• mouthy
    mouthy

You mention you like to play Carmen---- A friend of mine ( her daughter) went to one of his concerts- & said at the end MANY accepted Christ..... Yes He is GREAT good choice

• Satanus
    Satanus

Playdrums

Thanks for sharing observations from a catholic perspective. Catholic christianity seems to be the least intrusive. Btw, do you think there might be a need to slowly, gently deprogram your girlfriend of her remaining jw beliefs, even though she is dfed? Or is it better to let those sleeping dogs lie?

SS

• playdrums
    playdrums

Bebu:

It is hard for me to imagine that JWs (or Mormons!) actually sing songs with lots of scripture in them. Long passages of scripture, not 'cut and paste' scripture. I've heard Mormons have songs like, "I Hope They Call Me To a Mission" and "We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet". These are propaganda, obviously.

Could people post the names of JW songs that are obviously propaganda? I'm curious! And is anyone aware of any song(s) that are close to hymns in Christian churches? I just can't imagine overlap!

I can get my hands on a songbook and check it out. She is very good about giving materials that I ask for even though she knows I'm researching. The songs that were used for the memorial could be likened to the Mormon examples you stated. They were specifically related to the memorial and I can't remember the names. The songs I heard were in "hymn" style. They did use Bible quotes but they were worded in specific ways. For instance, there was a reference to Philippians 2:6 where it says,

"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
    Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    (NIV)

In the song I saw this verse is simplified (even moreso than the NWT) to basically say that Jesus would never have ambitions to God's throne - or somesuch. I'm paraphrasing. But it was a one liner meant to drive home their doctrine.

SaintSatan said:

Btw, do you think there might be a need to slowly, gently deprogram your girlfriend of her remaining jw beliefs, even though she is dfed? Or is it better to let those sleeping dogs lie?

Some may disagree with this but I feel convicted that she must be separated from the JW's. I've seen the effects on her and her family quite profoundly since I've known her - there is no light there. However, I do think it needs to be done slowly. I was soaking up all this information at first and what I was finding was making me angry at the lies - and impatient. I just assumed that she'd go, "Wow, that's incredible." That didn't happen and it flabbergasted me. I've found that it's best to disseminate bits of material at a time. What I do is have multiple different bits ready to go on different front. I'll release an appropriate one when I feel that an opportunity has been presented to me. This happened when she discovered the "Imperial Bible-Dictionary" online by accident when we were doing Bible Study together. Sometimes I'll leave stuff lying around.

I am currently working on addressing what the Bible says is false teaching/prophesy. She and I have read these words together but when asked what the Bible says is evidence of false prophecy she will not say the words. She will only relate it to "good people" and "bad people." It's OK if "good people" make mistakes.

playdrums

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit