Marriage

by Mr Magoo 23 Replies latest jw friends

• unanswered
    unanswered

right on, thirdson, glad things worked out for you in the long run.

as far as your assesment of the roles in a partnership, i couldn't agree more. those who treat their wives as second class citizens are missing out on the true beauty of women.-nate

• Mr Magoo
    Mr Magoo

Hi’ everybody.

As it clearly shows in the replies to this topic, sex - even thou it is very important to some people - is not necessarily what gets the marriage going.

Even thou two persons love each other and want to get married it’s no guarantee for that it will work out between them when the couple move in together.

Personally I think that people, in many cases, learn to live with each other’s differences. BUT! One cannot and should not live e.g. with an abusive spouse.

I believe that such serious problems would show if a couple was to live together before they married.

I remember an article from one of the WTBTS magazines where a young woman had married an older man, and now things weren’t all that perfect. She wanted to divorce him.
    The article then told that the couple had been given counseling (from the elders) and that had made the woman decide not to divorce her husband.

My reply to this was “But is doesn’t say if she’s happy”. (I was at that time studying with my sister in laws husband). He agreed to that...

Take care.
    Mr Magoo

• StiLLinTruth
    StiLLinTruth

If the idiots "fool around", out they go! BOOOOOT!! There's plenty of room out there. If they had to disfellowship 5 million jerks, there'd still be a million of us left.

That's all that counts.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

well still,

I am glad you admitted your a jerk! thank you

"If they had to disfellowship 5 million jerks, there'd still be a million of us left."

thats the Watchtower brand of editing......I knew you would feel at home with it....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit