Jesus Resurection, Voodoo trick or for real?

by seedy3 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ed
    Ed

Doesn't the toxin that turns people into zombies also cause permanent brain damage? Although, with a lot of preachers these days, it would be difficult to tell the difference, so the idea does have some merit.

As for Jesus' death being hoaxed in this way - the Romans had a very reliable piece of medical equipment for testing death, and that was called a "spear".

• gumby
    gumby
    Now given this point is it at all possible? (and I know many of you will not accept that a hoax would have spawned such a movement as large as christendom) But this actually seem plausable.

Too many other factors involved, point to the Jesus story as a fabrication that never happened.......at least as the bible tells it.

Had Jesus not really been dead and this being a fixed hoax, someone would have ratted on him. Jesus teachings would also have never allowed deceit and he would NOT have considered such a hoax. Everything he taught would have been against such an idea.

Gumby

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Our Christian heritage, with the abundance of many religious ideas and theologies, tells us this great story. The only documentation is in the bible, and well......that being said, many things are done in the name of religion.

Jesus did exist. He was a teacher and a healer. He was presented as the messiah. Whether he truly was, I don't know. I'm certain he had powers, as many enlightened people do. I too, have read many historical accounts, that present other ideas as to his "death and rebirth", with the poison that is "like death", and that he was secreted away to live a somewhat normal life as a husband, father, brother. Anything is possible, as Robyn says. They could have "made" events occur so that the concept of the messiah in Jesus was brought to fruition. Escaping the hold of death is something that all human beings have craved since their beginning. No one wishes to die, and yet, that is our eventuallity. I believe the issue of life, death and resurrection was misinterpreted.

I tend to believe that the "death and ressurrection" shows us the journey of the soul within a human being. Just my opinion. There is so much we just don't know. But we do know the here and now. Our life, this very moment. This is all we truly have. Treasure it. Enjoy it.

• seedy3
    seedy3

Ed,

Actually no unless you have a loss of oxygen from being in a coffin too long, The US government is testing it for extended space travel, and some medical treatments, such as transplants and such.

Seedy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit