If I win the lottery

by eyeuse2badub 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I haven't yet won the state lottery but I purchased a lottery ticket last night. If I win the lottery, it's $150 million.

If I win, my name is publicly announced and of course my picture gets into the news. I will probably get df'ed.

However, will the wtbts accept a hefty "donation' from my 'lucky' winnings? They need the cash and I will need "forgiveness". Think I can make a "deal"?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Well, the odds are not with you for that 150 mil.

I matched 3 out of 6 in last night's drawing for 3.3 mil using my system. I just need to refine those numbers.

I don't see how winning can be a sin. Wasting your life working at a meaningless job is the sin. Using your talents for good is good, but money is needed to pay the bills.

• Simon
    Simon

I think the WTS would disfellowship you for playing the lottery but if you win?

"well hello there brother wealthy! we suddenly realize you qualify for lots of privileges ..."

Fame + Wealth = Normal rules don't apply in WTS land

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I say set up a 501 (c)3 charity, park about a little of the "ill-gotten gains" in some good growth mutual funds inside it, then use the proceeds from the investments to buy digital billboard advertising in all the right places, advertising apostate web sites near conventions. Hell, buy a couple of signs inside arenas that the JWs rent for their stupid conventions. The Witlesses can't cover them because the contract with the facility says it is there year round during all events... including JW conventions.....

imagine a logo similar to JW dot org but says JWFACTS... . in strategic places around the rim. Trust me, when I was still in, I was so bored that I read every single advertising sign in every arena I ever attended a convention.

Snakes (of the "not bored anymore listening to the cult" Sheep Class)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I always wonder about this, if I won the lottery would my JW family members except

money from me, Hell yes!!! But I would tell them if you have no problem excepting

$100,000.00 you must go down to the lottery office and sign up for your share.

I may be wrong on this, but lets say I won 10 million after taxes I receive 7 million.. I

shell out each hundred thousand to my kids. Now the kids have to pay taxes again on

the hundred thousand and this would be considered a gift, and gift taxes are more.

Make sense????? In other words my kids would pay double tax.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    I won 10 million after taxes I receive 7 million

If you win 10 million then you'll get 1/2 if take it upfront. So 5 mill, then after taxes at highest rate you probably have 3 mill. So enjoy your 3 mill from your 10 mill winning :)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Don Mckay a Kentucky consultant who specializes in advising lottery winners

said this"at least 70% of winners run through the money in 5 years or less, and

it doesn't make any difference whether they win 1 million or 100 million".

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If you win the lottery, eyeuse2badub, and you receive $150 million, just remember that I'm your friend.

I've never insulted you, been rude to you, hijacked one of your threads or otherwise p1$$ed you off.

And if you've got a spare $50,000 kicking about and you don't know what to do with it ...

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Here, they cannot announce your name or show your pic unless you give permission. You can remain anonymous by Law.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Six states that allow winners to remain anonymous, Delaware,Kansas,

Maryland, North Dakota, Ohio and South Carolina.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit