Is the Dubbers cult going to more digital than printed?

by dogon 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogon
    dogon

I know they have slave labor free but it costs a lot to print, ship ect and then you have waste. DIgital would cut costs. I was thinking about this because my wife visited her Mother an Father who are still cult members. They are older 78 plus or minus and were using Apple Ipads to get Tower bull shit. Is this a thing they are moving to?

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Yes because it does not cost them as much as the books and mags do.If you go to a trolley (i ve been to loads they push their website on you )

• fukitol
    fukitol

Your Avatar is obscene.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I know they have slave labor free but it costs a lot to print, ship ect and then you have waste. DIgital would cut costs. I was thinking about this because my wife visited her Mother an Father who are still cult members. They are older 78 plus or minus and were using Apple Ipads to get Tower bull shit. Is this a thing they are moving to?

Yes.

Your Avatar is obscene.

So is your screen name.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Speaking as a nonmember, I can say that if read a Watchtower in print, but would be less inclined to read it online (unless I was looking for something specific). And the religion is a publishing company, and it's supposed to reach people like me. It could get out of publishing, but how would they reach the people they preach to?

As a Mormon, we'll never stop printing the Book of Mormon, despite it being online. We have cut back on the number of pamplets we publish, though.

The WTBTS uses cheap paper, it prints in color and it sells its products. Why change? You have to have something to hand the potential convert, so I predict printed products for people like me and online materials for people like you.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Your Avatar is oscene.

The poster - dogon - has used the same Avatar for around two years now, so I'm sure Simon is perfectly happy with it.

Instead of shaking hands with each other, the two semi-naked guys are shaking each others 'something else'

It's a play on 'taking care of the little things'

That's Austrian politics....

The guys are both wearing ties, and have briefcases, so dogon may also be playing with a JW field ministry subtext.

• dogon
    dogon

My avatar is a visual metaphor for how dubbers stroke each other. I like it. If anyone does not I suggest you look away. I think it fits well with how dubbers act.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

YES - now they are encouraged to use the Bible only in Field service as well.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ttdtt - "...now they are encouraged to use the Bible only in Field service as well."

Wouldn't that run the risk of paper cuts? :smirk:

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

My avatar is a visual metaphor for how dubbers stroke each other. I like it. If anyone does not I suggest you look away. I think it fits well with how dubbers act.

It doesn't offend me, though I can see how some other people may find it too graphic. Although I admit that I have literally done that with a brother or two back in the day, to describe what you mean with your avatar I normally use this:

It describes the same way you describe how they reinforce each other's sense of righteousness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit