At what age did you join the Witnesses?

by JH 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

At what age would a person have to be to join the witnesses and not suffer too much?

If they are children, it robs their youth.

If they join in the teens, they won't get a decent education.

If they join at 20 years old, they will have to marry a witness.

If they join at 30, I guess that would be less destructive because they already are married, have children, have a house, an education and a job.

At what age did you join, and how did it affect you?

• JH
    JH

I joined at 27 and got baptized at 28. Was active from 27 to 32 years old. Became inactive on and off from 32 years old to 37. Then completely inactive since 5 years.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I was basically born in, baptized at 15. I hadn't a clue at that age.

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

JH, not true I joined at 17, and I'm about to graduate college at 22. They changed the policy on college right about when I joined, but I would've disobeyed anyway (grins)

• jurs
    jurs

I statrted studying at age 23, baptized a couple years later. I was already married but it still robbed my life of alot of pleasure for 10 years.

jurs

• jwbot
    jwbot

I was one of those lucky to be born into :(

Robbed my childhood and my teenage years but I snuck out a lot anyway. The education policy changed a little and I was able to attend college with a lot of nagging and ridicule. Either way, I would have moved out and gone to college anyway, I am in that situation anyway.

I informed my mom that when I get my bachelors degree next year, I will attend another school for 4 more years for my Masters. hah. She was sorta happy for me, I dunno. I am happy, thats all that matters.

• Valis
    Valis

- 9 months..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "JW Creched"class

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

My mom was pregnant with me when she was baptized, and then I got baptized at 17. I left at about the age of 30, with my now ex-husband.

Valis, was your mom pregnant with you also? That's what your post sounded like.

Becky

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

OOPS! Valis, I meant was your mom pregnant with you when she was baptized also?

And I forgot to mention how I was affected. I missed out on a "normal" childhood--teen dances, sports, college years, hobbies etc. So now, I try to explore many things and figure out what I like and am good at.

Becky

• Valis
    Valis

no becky...she was a baptized dubbie before I was concieved..I never had a chance in Kingdom Hell...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit